Talk

Advanced search

just need a moan really....

(8 Posts)
steviewonderful Sat 30-Apr-16 17:58:33

bear with me, it's only a moan, and i'm guessing if you don't like moans then you won't have clicked on this post!
I love my daughter, she is amazing and i'm soooooooooooo, so lucky.
What I don't love is all this other stuff I have to do that takes me away from her.....I have to work hard to try and get our house into a state that's fit for her.....I don't want to do that, I want to relax after everything and bond with her and do stuff for her.
I want to eat decent food but don't have the time. I am able to do some breastfeeding so the food is even more important.
I want to be able to get on with stuff without neglecting her.
I should shut up now and do something more useful, I just wanted to post somewhere where there might be sympathetic people.

heavenlypink Sat 30-Apr-16 18:03:10

Don't beat yourself up flowers

You're doing what you need to do to make a better life for your daughter. As long as she is happy and cared for that's all that matters right now. She won't remember this stuff - There's plenty of time for making memories.

NotmeItWasNotme Sat 30-Apr-16 18:10:19

Struggling with juggling. You are certainly not alone - most mums feel the same. I find a glass of wine helps...

steviewonderful Sat 30-Apr-16 23:11:48

thank you
heavenlypink, I think you're right, things have got a bit better since I posted as a friend came round for a bit and I got a bit done
thanks again xxx, good old mumsnet!

makeitpink Sun 01-May-16 02:58:09

Being a working mum is HARD!!! I mean being a mum full stop is hard and do t get me wrong I take my hat of to SAHM's they do a cracking job too. I am a working single mum and I find that housework and self care are very low on my list of priorities. I have kids to play with, stories to read, baths to splash in, lunches to make etc. The list is endless!! Never feel guilty for feeling a bit overwhelmed and also try and make a little time to look after you. You are the most important person for your daughter and she needs you to look after yourself as well. I type this as I am laid next to a small child who has vomited everywhere and is now snoring in my bed!!!!! Feel better soon! flowerschocolatewine

steviewonderful Sat 07-May-16 00:59:24

thanks makeitpink, that was a lovely msg, was going to do a longer reply but just realised I need to make bottles before the soddin gwater goes below 70 degrees, hate the bloody bottles!!!
tahnks again
jo

AdjustableWench Sat 07-May-16 02:13:46

Sounds like you're doing a great job actually!

On the decent food thing: it can make a difference to how you feel, so if you can put aside some energy to eat properly and get a bit of exercise you'll find it easier to manage.

As for the house: it doesn't matter much if it's untidy, as long as it's not unsafe.

Glad you had a friend round! Friends are extra important when your kids are small. Well, all the time in fact... I hated the bottles too... I started exclusively breastfeeding my first when she was six months old and it made everything much easier. But I know it doesn't work for everyone.

I promise it will get easier! Just take it a day (or an hour, or ten minutes) at a time. And moan whenever you need to!

steviewonderful Sat 07-May-16 23:29:52

thanks wench, i wish to god that ebf was an option for me but i just can't produce enough milk despite trying loads of things to up my supply
the house is unsafe in parts and unclean, just due to lack of time and money, i am improving things but it is very, very slow when you're single with a nipper
friends are so important at a time like this and there have been some examples of them being amazing but honestly, some people's performance has been shocking, one friend in particular seems to think i'm a leper now that i have a baby (she's had one herself!)
must go and attack my financial affairs now
thanks xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now