Talk

Advanced search

To hate feckin chin hairs?

(54 Posts)
CallaLilli Fri 29-Apr-16 09:03:07

Wtf is happening to my chin? Every couple of weeks I seem to have a few thick black hairs growing out of it, which I pluck vigilantly. Even worse are when they're just below the surface and I can feel the bristly bastards bumping through but can't pluck them. And now it seems that they only take a week to grow back. Anyone else got this and hate it? I'm seriously considering electrolysis as they annoy me no end!!

beeny Fri 29-Apr-16 09:06:24

Get a magnifying mirror.I spend my life plucking them !

Pettywoman Fri 29-Apr-16 09:07:01

Electrolysis is painful, expensive and didn't work for me.

MrPony Fri 29-Apr-16 09:08:10

I quite enjoy plucking them tbh.

Mine seem to go through phases. I can go months and months without a single hair and then all of a sudden they will all sprout up from nowhere.

pinkstinks Fri 29-Apr-16 09:08:44

Im27, no grey hair yet but multiple chin hairs. It's getting me down. Apparently better to cut them than pluck but I don't believe that. They are thick and dark and I keep catching myself playing with them! 😂

TattyDevine Fri 29-Apr-16 09:10:14

I don't have any chin hairs yet (give it time, give it time)... but I do have a random WHITE thick single hair that grows out the middle of my cheek. It's all downhill from here...

dillydotty Fri 29-Apr-16 09:10:15

I get two, I hate them. But I will see your chin hair and raise you nipped hair. Absolutely gross, they appear every now and then out of nowhere!

dillydotty Fri 29-Apr-16 09:10:55

Nipple not nipped smile

CallaLilli Fri 29-Apr-16 09:25:19

I don't mind it when I can actually pluck them but it's the ones that aren't long enough to pluck or the ones that I can feel about to come through that really piss me off as I have to wait for them to grow!

CallaLilli Fri 29-Apr-16 09:26:30

No nipple hair (yet!) here, but when I was pregnant I definitely noticed that my stomach and chest area got hairier. Back to normal after DS arrived though, thank god!

thenappyslayer Fri 29-Apr-16 09:34:33

Plucking right now

AnUtterIdiot Fri 29-Apr-16 09:38:54

I get a couple next to my nipples, a couple next to my bellybutton... and flipping loads on my chin. Like thirty. Like a tiny beard. I hate them. I do pluck them because I can't bear a bristly chin, but I do also now have a little dent on my chin where a particularly stubborn one was yanked out so I see where the cutting over plucking advice is coming from. I also have one that grows straight out of my neck for no reason. I'm otherwise really not very hairy but frankly I'd rather have a forest on both legs than a flipping beard.

AnUtterIdiot Fri 29-Apr-16 09:39:53

Pinksticks I too occasionally catch myself stroking my minibeard when in deep thought

LittleCandle Fri 29-Apr-16 09:41:10

I had 2 stiff white ones that grow out of a scar on my chin. They will be invisible for weeks, then inches long overnight! I bloody hate them! I have no thyroid and was seriously undermedicated last year (and the year before and the year before that!) and could barely grow any hair - except those 2 bastards! Losing my hair didn't affect them at all! It isn't fair!

dailyfailrag Fri 29-Apr-16 09:43:16

I have shitloads. I'm pale with thick, dark hair, so end up waxing every week.

I should probably see a GP again. I definitely don't have PCOS, but do wonder if it's a symptom of something.

sepa Fri 29-Apr-16 09:44:40

I get them. I have them threaded off. If I ever have a son he will have good beard growing genes just from me grin

TaliZorahVasNormandy Fri 29-Apr-16 09:46:01

I have these bastards. They seem to spring up over night. I also have a single white hair that grows in the space between my boobs. If I leave it'll get quite long.

19lottie82 Fri 29-Apr-16 09:47:49

I had them quite badly. Was permenantly plucking them and touching my chin.

Paid £260 for laser removal it was the best thing I've ever done. Seriously. Wish I'd done it years ago.

LizardBreath Fri 29-Apr-16 09:47:55

It's the neck ones that get me! Sat at my desk and I can feel the wiry bastard. Go to mirror can I spot it too pluck?! Of course not!

Alexa444 Fri 29-Apr-16 09:47:58

I have a couple of moles on my chin and neck and they grow them. I have 3 black and a white bristly one on my chin that seem to take it in turns to grow and take great pleasure in ripping them out. It's really quite therapeutic. The ones on my neck are invisible until they suddenly end up a foot long and curly overnight. Can't be doing with that cutting them shit though, the bastards have to go.

TaliZorahVasNormandy Fri 29-Apr-16 09:50:02

Just googled this and the term is "Lady whiskers" Its down to hormones apparently.

HPsauciness Fri 29-Apr-16 09:52:17

I am a bit worried about getting old- if I become incapacitated, no-one is going to pluck my chin-hair, are they? We will all be bearded old ladies!

TiverMeShimbers Fri 29-Apr-16 10:09:35

I have loads of them and have had since my mid 20s. I'm 41 now so pretty used to it & not as upset about it as I used to be.

I used to pluck 'em, but it would be a full time job now. I shave them every morning and sometimes in the evening as well. It sounds worse than it is....no-one notices them (and I have friends & a DH who would tell me!)

I've had 2 courses of laser which haven't really worked (although who knows how hairy I'd be if I hadn't had it!?)

Might get electrolysis next. Don't want to be the bristly grandma that no-one wants to kiss.

sepa Fri 29-Apr-16 10:15:54

HP I'm going to teach DD to pluck them for me from an early age! My mum is also a bearded lady so I will pluck her chin for her when she is no longer able to 😂

Mousefinkle Fri 29-Apr-16 10:50:42

Ugh Yanbu at all. I'm only 26 so I feel like I'm too young for this hell... I've got a couple of wiry ones from my chin that pop out and there's one on my neck but I haven't had them for a couple of months now. They seem to come out when my diet is shit. I also have long black hairs that grow out of the sides of my face. Sort of like sideburns except they're random long hairs all over the place sad. Do have a couple of wiry black nipple hairs too and a few leading down from the bottom of my belly button. I keep meaning to get hair removal cream, my mum recommends it anyway. Thankfully don't have a tache yet but that's coming...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now