AIBU - to be fed up with being cold all the time

(17 Posts)
Cherryminx Thu 28-Apr-16 22:41:35

Just that. Its almost May. I am still wearing a thermal vest and jumper.

I have just cracked and put the heating on again.

TwentyCupsOfTea Thu 28-Apr-16 22:43:27

I know how you feel. Our heating is on November-February so feeling it currently, but it's just too expensive to keep having on.
An electric blanket has been a live saver!

DangerousBeanz Thu 28-Apr-16 22:43:55

Mines still on. I'm wearing fluffy winter pjamas and slippers. It's snowing outside and we are booked to go to the seaside this weekend. I'm going to buy thermals tomorrow.
Winter needs to feck off now. I'm sick of it

ScarletForYa Thu 28-Apr-16 22:45:04

Yanbu.

Hailstones today! Brrrrr!

Room101isWhereIUsedToLive Thu 28-Apr-16 22:46:15

No. Yanbu. This weather sucks. Still sleeping under three blankets. I need some warmth!!

KanyesVest Thu 28-Apr-16 22:46:52

I am in a fleece hoodie, wrapped in a fleece slanket, in front of the fire, with the heating on. Then again, it's nearly 7 years since I was warm..

BrandNewAndImproved Thu 28-Apr-16 22:47:07

It's shit, I had to do ice my car this morning. I want a proper spring. It should be jacket weather with showers thrown in not hailstones, snow (Tues in the sw) and heating still on.

ouryve Thu 28-Apr-16 22:49:21

It was a relief to ake up to frost instead of a covering of snow, this morning.

This afternoon's school run sleet was less than welcome, though.

megletthesecond Thu 28-Apr-16 22:50:16

Yanbu. It's still winter coat weather FFS.

CremeEggThief Thu 28-Apr-16 22:51:59

YANBU. I want to switch my heating off, but I can't yet, when it's just above zero and snowing and hailing.sad

Pinkheart5915 Thu 28-Apr-16 22:53:03

I know how you feel.
I had started turning the heating off as for a few weeks we did have nice weather I was even out in my lovely garden with the baby, but this week I'm inside fire and heating on.

Toffeecrispy Thu 28-Apr-16 22:53:34

My elec heater is on 24/7 in whatever room i'm in, as i have single panes its pointless to even turn all the heaters on.

Cherryminx Thu 28-Apr-16 22:54:15

I have many other cold related moans

- I'm training for half marathon in two weeks which I had visions of running in a crop top and shorts along blossom lined lanes, now its more likely to be my antique track suit bottoms and horrible flourescent top that I bought for the depths of winter

- its too cold to make the guinea pigs sleep outside so the house is full of hay

- everything is a bit damp and mouldy smelling

- we haven't even got snow here, just a bitter cold wind & more rain

StarbuckGalactica Thu 28-Apr-16 23:05:25

No, YANBU. Our boiler has broken for the 3rd time since it was installed in January. I am fucking freezing and I have a fucking 6 month old baby.

wasabipeanut Thu 28-Apr-16 23:09:11

It's shit. Today I had a winter coat and boots on. It was warmer in December.

Notcontent Thu 28-Apr-16 23:14:26

Agree it's shit. I am really tired of it.

Notcontent Thu 28-Apr-16 23:16:01

Yes, it was warmer in December!! The cold wind makes it feel really freezing ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now