Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to want to declaw my children?

(2 Posts)
DoesMyMarthaCliffLookBigInThis Thu 28-Apr-16 17:14:31

Seriously. I think my children are turning into cats. Their new favourite hobby is clawing at the leather sofa confused It started out as a texture thing for 1 year old dd and as soon as she realised she was getting shouted at lots of attention for doing it, she kept at it. Of course then my 2 year old joined in. The 2 year old now does it as a defiant mid tantrum thing, while the 1 year old does it when she's happy/sad/lonely. Doesn't matter how short I trim their nails, they still do it. Chastising/ignoring doesn't work either.

The sofa is less than a year old and now has a number of horror movie-esque marks akin to someone trying to claw their way out of an enclosed space. The children are acting normal in all other respects and haven't started miaowing or running away from dogs, although dd does occasionally tend to lick herself grin I may need to have them declawed if I can't find another solution. HELP!

acasualobserver Thu 28-Apr-16 17:45:06

Gloves?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now