Talk

Advanced search

To be offended by my toddler (light hearted)

(41 Posts)
teafortoads Thu 28-Apr-16 07:20:34

To be a teensy bit offended when DD2 points at something hideous and says 'Mummy'? I am currently the Hippo off Tinga Tinga Tales, the space ship off Despicable Me and a ratty hoodie wearing boy in her dolls house. I suspect I might be being unreasonable in feeling a little bit smug when other people are the hideous things/characters (Grandad is Gru and Kyle in Despicable Me, Nannie is the mosquito in Tinga Tinga Tales and Vector in Despicable Me). DS always gets to be the glamorous one grrr!

Fratelli Thu 28-Apr-16 07:59:43

Haha yanbu! I'm currently an elephant!

LetsGoToTheHills Thu 28-Apr-16 15:03:08

We were playing "What colour is...?" once. "...Mummy's teeth?" "Yellow"

ChocolateStash Thu 28-Apr-16 15:11:52

I'm only good for changing messy dirty nappies and no one is better at getting up to various demands in the middle of the night hmm
Daddy is better at everything else. hmm confused

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Thu 28-Apr-16 15:13:39

Mine just half-woke. Farted in my direction and went back to sleep...confused

TooGood2BeFalse Thu 28-Apr-16 15:16:39

I got the yellow teeth once too!Gutted!!

chocolate stash Yeah I am nowhere near as 'funny' as Daddy to DS aged four, I usually get the brunt of worst behaviour too. I am however the ONLY choice for tricky bum wipes, night time callings and other glamorous tasks. Daddy inspires the belly laughs...

OhHolyFuck Thu 28-Apr-16 15:22:26

Ds1 came into my room and stopped dramatically - "mummy, your bottom is....ginormous!"

Thanks kid

SpoonfulOfJam Thu 28-Apr-16 15:26:08

Not only does mine refuse everything I cook for him that isn't a sausage, he shouts at DH "don't put it in (your) mouth. "

ChocolateStash Thu 28-Apr-16 15:30:11

TooGood2BeFalse Good to know it's happening in other homes too smile

fatandold Thu 28-Apr-16 15:32:44

My 23 month old smacks me round the face when we have a cuddle in bed sometimes if I close my eyes ------drift off to sleep --. A full on Peggy Mitchell vs pat butcher thwack blush

Mytummyisnotatrampoline Thu 28-Apr-16 17:18:45

My DS (just 2) insists on me making up stories for bedtime which depict him and his favourite people (nana, friends, santa..) all going swimming, going on holiday, going for ice-cream. Not once have I been asked along on these adventures. When I asked if mummy came too, I got "no, mummy stays at home". Thanks, kiddo.

ShatterResistant Thu 28-Apr-16 17:22:48

They're so offensive. On holiday last year I offered to have a bath with my 2yo. She was really keen, so I got undressed and went back into the bathroom. The moment she saw me naked and making as if to get in the bath she started crying and shouting "No Mummy no!" I'll never forget it: SO insulting!

wheresthel1ght Thu 28-Apr-16 17:39:41

Aww bless!

Mine points at the bad guy dinosaurs in Dino Time and gleefully shouts "it's you Daddy" to dp. I found it hilarious until she pointed to the ocd crazy mum and told me that was me!

TiredOfSleep Thu 28-Apr-16 17:55:18

An orangutan was identified as grandad in the animal book I was reading with my toddler. Made me feel better about all the 'Naughty mummy' I've been getting lately.

CoodleMoodle Thu 28-Apr-16 17:58:35

I'm "naughty messy Mummy" most of the time! If something falls on the floor, even if I'm not involved, DD (2) declares me naughty and messy... Thanks Peppa Pig!

abbsismyhero Thu 28-Apr-16 18:01:58

mine is just plain rude we had his older brothers friend around for tea and he called him stood up pointed to his bottom and proclaimed I FARTED! he is speech delayed so im supposed to encourage free speech but i think that is a step too far!

im naughty mommy at the moment and his dad is grandad grin

SydneyCarton Thu 28-Apr-16 18:05:37

According to my two-year-old I am (a) Captain Sinker from Swashbuckle or (b) pretty but not as pretty as Aunt Polly from Something Special, so basically less attractive than a frigging pantomime dame hmm

Dellarobia Thu 28-Apr-16 18:06:14

My DS1 once made a thing at school with four corners and something he loved hanging from each corner. He'd chosen Daddy, his sister, his brother and his friends as the four things sad angry

What about ME?!!?

still bitter years later

Cheesybaps Thu 28-Apr-16 18:06:44

Ahh, its a wonderful age!

I was having a bath when my DD was about 2/3. She comes in and exclaims in delight "Oh Mummy! Your boobies are so........long!!!"

Yeah. Cheers babe. hmm sad

KittyandTeal Thu 28-Apr-16 18:07:46

I've been getting back in shape after a 14 week pregnancy (so not too much work to do)

I'm getting there but dd1 looked very careful the other morning, patted my stomach and say 'you've got a big tummy mummy' (I bloody well haven't!) charmer

molyholy Thu 28-Apr-16 18:13:15

My 7yo dd told me I had a bum like it is from the 80's. After asking some questions I got to the bottom of what she meant. She meant my arse is so huge that it looks like I have a puff ball skirt on shock

FraterculaArctica Thu 28-Apr-16 18:13:57

DS calls us 'Mummy rude' and 'Daddy rude'. Or possibly 'Mummy wood' and 'Daddy wood' - the r/w distinction isn't too clear yet. I have no idea what it means or whether it's complimentary or not - but it's definitely something specific to us, I asked him recently if he was going to call Granny 'Granny rude' and he firmly said No!

RueDeWakening Thu 28-Apr-16 18:21:44

DS2 (2) thinks I'm incompetent, and tells me so, regularly. Today it was "mummy! Don't drop me!" as I carried him down stairs. Yesterday, out shopping, it was "be ve' careful, don't touch!".

Good job I'm not easily offended grin

ipswichwitch Thu 28-Apr-16 18:32:01

Playing at superheroes with DS1 (4yo) the other day, he announced he was to be Spider-Man, his brother was Captain America, and daddy could be Iron Man. When I asked who I would be, he looked me up and down, thought for a moment and announced gleefully "you are The Hulk mummy!"

Tanito279 Thu 28-Apr-16 18:33:46

I'm only allowed to be a slug. DD (2) is watching nothing but Ben and Holly at the moment and practicing her magic spells. "Bing bang bingy boo SLUG!" hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now