Advanced search

Abusive ex

(22 Posts)
Lostsoul62 Wed 27-Apr-16 17:55:39

I would like to know if AIBU.

My abusive ex husband has been charged with vandalising my home on Saturday, while our baby girl (5) slept through (thankfully)
He has immediately asked for contact this week with her.
After his disgusting behaviour on the evening in question, I feel that supervised contact is best until he can prove that he can put our daughters interest and safety before his own selfish actions.

So my question, If this was your daughter would you allow unsupervised contact?

Guiltypleasures001 Wed 27-Apr-16 17:58:18

Hell no


RaspberryOverload Wed 27-Apr-16 18:46:00

Another no from me thanks

Lulu1083 Wed 27-Apr-16 18:50:15

No definitely not. I would be very concerned that he would do something awful or not return her as revenge

WhereYouLeftIt Wed 27-Apr-16 18:52:45

Absolutely not.

Friendlystories Wed 27-Apr-16 19:12:39

I don't think I'd be facilitating contact at all let alone unsupervised. If he's prepared to risk scaring her (or even potentially injuring her dependant on what exactly happened on Saturday) I wouldn't think he was fit to be around her. Is contact court ordered OP?

starry0ne Wed 27-Apr-16 19:14:47

YANBU.. I would go for supervised too.

dillydotty Wed 27-Apr-16 19:18:04

Nope, not a hope in hell.

Topseyt Wed 27-Apr-16 19:20:13

It would be no contact at all from me.

Were you out at the time and he was supposed to be minding her? Was he drunk? Come over to be violent towards you?

The answer would still be no contact. You are responsible for her safety, and it doesn't sound as though she would be safe with him.

icelollycraving Wed 27-Apr-16 19:20:39

No. Hope you are ok flowers

44PumpLane Wed 27-Apr-16 19:22:08

Absolutely not!!!

I'd be reconsidering ANY contact in the short term but ONLY supervised!

RosaRosaRose Wed 27-Apr-16 19:22:42

No. Hope you're ok

Lostsoul62 Wed 27-Apr-16 19:23:59

No court order in place. We have currently been separated for 6 months and he has been having her for one night per week since.
I cannot give much information as it will be a trial and my ex husband does snoop for me on this site.. (as well as everywhere else)
He basically lost his temper over something very small (he has anger problems only with me) and proceeded to smash my belongings and scare the shite out of me.

Pinkheart5915 Wed 27-Apr-16 19:25:56

I would go for supervised access contact centre?

Hope your ok flowers

Topseyt Wed 27-Apr-16 19:30:51

Does he need to be at your place if you are separated and you know he is abusive?

He should be staying away, surely? You and your DD are not safe while he is around.

AliceInUnderpants Wed 27-Apr-16 19:32:32

Hell no.

YorkieDorkie Wed 27-Apr-16 20:07:06

Nooooo way. YANBU, not in a million years. If she'd woken up she'd have been traumatised. I'd be working towards ZERO contact after an act like that thankswine.

mrgrouper Wed 27-Apr-16 20:23:31

Dear Abusive Ex

On [INSERT DATE] you were charged by [INSERT REGION] Police for an act of vandalism towards my home.

In the circumstances I would not be prepared to allow [CHILDS NAME] to attend the property due to fears with the appropriateness of your conduct.

I feel that the only way to ensure there is a safe environment for [CHILDS NAME] is for contact to take place at a supervised venue. I propose contact could take place monthly at [INSERT TOWN] Contact centre, [INSERT ADDRESS AND POSTCODE OF CENTRE]. This from my research is the closest supervised contact venue to your home address.

If you are in agreement to these proposals please inform me and I will make the appropriate referral to the contact centre.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

mrgrouper Wed 27-Apr-16 20:25:20

send the above letter recorded delivery and keep proof of postage. You cannot stop access totally as he will then apply for a c100 for contact and the judge will not be happy that you have totally stopped contact.
Remember, judges and cafcass only award NO contact in very serious circumstances indeed.

Aeroflotgirl Wed 27-Apr-16 20:26:31

No I would not be allowing any contact, he sounds dangerous and violent, and showed great disregard for your dd safety and well being, he can go fish.

missymayhemsmum Wed 27-Apr-16 20:27:13

Yup, contact centre only. And an injunction to him to keep away from you and your home.

mrgrouper Wed 27-Apr-16 20:31:24

if you want to go for a non molestation order the NDV helpline will give you a template. However do NOT go for it ex parte unless there is serious risk to your life and limb by serving papers. Better to serve the papers and go for a with notice hearing.
Remember if this all ends up in court, the CA (1989) states that the welfare of the child is of paramount concern. Thus any abuse towards you will be seen as lower priority to the need of the child to have a relationship with father if there is an existing attachment between father and child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now