Sleep

(7 Posts)
SurroMummy13 Wed 27-Apr-16 11:59:26

Posting for traffic

My 3year 3month DD is constantly tired, it seems.

She fell ill (general virus) 3.5 weeks ago, and since she got better, 1.5 weeks ago, she's been tired all the time. It did kick her ass for 2 weeks solid.

She's been (bar one night) sleeping through which is totally unusual for her as she's always been an awful sleeper but used to walk properly at 5:45am every morning. Then busy busy all day and went to bed at 6:30pm.

Now, she wakes at 5:45am ish (usually a little before) but before 11am she's complaining she's tired. She gets very grouchy, very quickly (maybe because she's tired) and around her eyes are red, like when you're tired.

She's even wanting to try to nap, she's not napped (unless unwell) since she was 15months!

Writing this down I think I'm almost certain that I'm right in being a little ok, a lot more than a little concerned but I could do with some advice.

saoirse31 Wed 27-Apr-16 12:28:43

Take her to gp maybe just to make sure there's nothing going on. Possibly just needs a nap around 11 particularly if she's v busy. However, her saying she's tired would concern me somewhat .. I'd imagine she must be feeling exhausted to complain of tiredness at that age, so I would go to gp.

acasualobserver Wed 27-Apr-16 12:32:21

Post viral illness? Tiredness can continue even after you've recovered from a virus.

RebeccaWithTheGoodHair Wed 27-Apr-16 12:59:33

We had a bout of a similar virus before Easter and DD is still knocked out by it. I'm hoping that a bit of sunshine will get her back on form (and enjoying her sleeping longer than normal!).

But if you are concerned and as she is so little then definitely take her to the drs.

SurroMummy13 Wed 27-Apr-16 13:28:15

I'll give it a week I think, see how she goes.

If this time next week she's still ill, I'll call the doctors.

She won't nap, she wants to, but she just can't wind down enough to fall asleep.

NeedACleverNN Wed 27-Apr-16 13:30:48

It sounds like post viral tiredness but like other people have said, if it carries on, see a GP.

Could you try and do some wind down activity when she's tired?

Dd doesn't nap anymore but if she looks really tired, I'll get her settled on the sofa with a blanket, put the tele on and sometimes she will drift off. Other times she won't but that little rest helps her

SurroMummy13 Wed 27-Apr-16 14:36:24

Unless we're already out, we can chill out.

Just trying to get her to nap is hard. Be easier to plait piss water!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now