Talk

Advanced search

to of delayed taking my AD's

(10 Posts)
PainAuChocolat23 Tue 26-Apr-16 21:27:11

My friend has just gave me a row as i didnt start my tablets when i was meant to. Im scared to take them as i dont want to be labelled the single mum who cannot cope fwiw i try my best for my son but i am struggling with my MH.
A bit of background my ex left when i was 4 months pregnant after i refused an abortion and hasnt been in touch since and i think that this is a huge factor in things. I just cant comprehend that he walked away from his son and didnt look back. I go between wanting to go to his door and never wanting to see him again. It is tearing me apart and i dont know what to do. He was critical of the fact i kept the pregnancy on with my MH issues and im scared that im proving him right sad
Please help me what can i do to sort all this hurt as i cant see a way out

PainAuChocolat23 Tue 26-Apr-16 21:27:32

Apologies if it doesnt make much sense

ZigZagIntoTheBlue Tue 26-Apr-16 21:32:38

It's your ex's loss, I think you owe it to your son to start your tablets and be as healthy as you can be for him. Don't worry about other people's perceptions, it's none of their bloody business and no one else needs to know. I have a few friends on AD from various backgrounds and home situations, it doesn't mean anything to change how I feel about them as a person. flowers for you, I hope you can get the help you need and some support

PainAuChocolat23 Tue 26-Apr-16 21:38:15

I took the first one tonight albeit 6 days later than i should. My friend knows everything about what happened and i know she is meaning well and is worried for me. I just want to be me again i dont want to be unwell anymore

BiftasWifta Tue 26-Apr-16 21:42:01

Well done for taking the tablet. I delayed mine too when I first got them, it seemed so hard to take that first one

They made the world of difference, I feel like me again. There's nothing to be ashamed of, you're poorly and taking medication to get better. It's no different to taking an antibiotic to treat an infection, or pain killers for a migraine.

Keep taking them, they can take a while to work so don't be disheartened if you don't feel better straight away flowers

PainAuChocolat23 Tue 26-Apr-16 21:54:14

Thank you for the kind words. I will keep taking them. It was just the starting to take them that is hard. I thought that i could just get better without them but i can see that is just daft and they will help me in the long run.

BiftasWifta Tue 26-Apr-16 22:32:46

I hope you feel better soon, you've been through a lot. Be kind to yourself x

oldjacksscrote Wed 27-Apr-16 11:03:31

There's no shame in needing help, take the tablets, hopefully they'll give you the boost you need to help yourself get better. Don't think about being the 'single mum who can't cope' think about being the mum who is doing what she needs to be the best mum she can.

You need to be selfish and do what ever you need to, to make yourself feel better, your lo will benefit hugely from having a happy mum.

I find when I'm struggling with my mental health everything else seems to fall apart too, I have to get myself better and everything else seems to fall into place.

MrsToddsShortcut Wed 27-Apr-16 11:53:14

Please understand that millions, literally millions of people take ADs. I am a single parent and I have been on ADs for about 20 years since I was a teen. There is no shame in it at all. If you are worried about SS or others, they will be happier that you are taking appropriate steps to address your problems - they will only be concerned if you are NOT taking them!

As someone said to me once, if SS investigated all parents who are taking ADs, the entire social care system would collapse overnight! Well done for taking them, you are doing the right thing for you and your son.

flowers

HellonHeels Wed 27-Apr-16 19:34:10

I put off starting mine for 10 days. I just couldn't face starting them. Been on them for 2 weeks now and I think they are helping. Hope you feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now