Talk

Advanced search

To be pissed off with my local library?

(8 Posts)
NapQueen Mon 25-Apr-16 12:18:07

They have two small function rooms. I hired one for my daughters party the week before Christmas. Offered to pay before the event - "no no, just pay on the day". Attempted to pay on the day - "the woman who takes the payments doesn't work weekends". Went in the first business day after Christmas and paid with my card.

Got a letter late January to say the balance was still outstanding. Went to the library - "we send the payments to the council, its them thats chasing you, we cant get into their system". So I called the council - "we have nothing on our system to show youve paid".

Emailed the lady at the library I made the bookings with, who assured me she would send the paperwork over and confirm I had paid.

Just received another bloody letter. This time saying final notice/failure to pay means court etc. Im fuming. The first time round I assumed admin error which is understandable. Now im just pissed off.

Have emailed booking lady again and explained and insisted she deals with it and cc's me in so I know. Out of Office till tomorrow 《growls》

Called the council to explain and basically say Im not paying and they are to contact this lady at their library who will confirm.

How bloody shit do you have to be on order for this to happen? Once, fine. Twice, they hired the wrong people.

and breathe

Crabbitface Mon 25-Apr-16 12:20:25

Yeah that's pretty bad. I would email a screen shot or scan of bank statement with the payment from your card highlighted and tell them you don't expect to receive any more correspondence.

NapQueen Mon 25-Apr-16 12:23:43

I have the mobile app whicj doesnt mow go back that far so if the booker comes back to say she needs proof ill have to ring the bank.

It really annoys me when others incompetences means extra work for those who actually did what they were supposed to.

StealthPolarBear Mon 25-Apr-16 12:30:43

I have this every time I pay for children's swimming lessons. Apparently the money reaches the council bit isn't assigned to swimming iyswim. A receipt is not classed as proof of payment confused
I have to send screenshot of my bank account to the swimming manager. I regularly get letters telling me the dc will be kicked off for failure to pay!

Cloudybutwarm Mon 25-Apr-16 12:31:32

You should will be able to get online statements if you log in to the full site rather than going through the app?

NapQueen Mon 25-Apr-16 12:42:01

Ill give that a go. God Stealth that must be so bloody annoying!

Crabbitface Mon 25-Apr-16 12:44:30

Council finance departments are RUBBISH. My sister repeatedly got letters from her child's nursery saying she hadn't paid, when she had - but all payments go directly to council and internal communication was shit.

StealthPolarBear Mon 25-Apr-16 12:50:07

Irony is they want me to set up a direct debit. So I have no control of what they do at all...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now