(25 Posts)
southeastastra Sun 24-Apr-16 20:49:06

and claudia winkelman's show is crapola

EastMidsMummy Sun 24-Apr-16 20:54:16

I player it at the time you want.

southeastastra Sun 24-Apr-16 20:55:12

i can't i don't have the technology

Crumb502 Sun 24-Apr-16 21:07:38

I'm gutted too... It used to be the highlight of my Sunday, winding down with a glass of wine :-(

He is now doing the Sunday lunchtime slot but it doesn't feel the same sad

southeastastra Sun 24-Apr-16 21:18:08

i know i think it's as he aimed the show at sunday night listeners, he knew people were listening at that time. i loved hearing all those records i'd forgotten about.

I will knit him a jumper and post it in a cake.

BillSykesDog Sun 24-Apr-16 21:19:54

Me too! I miss it.

BillSykesDog Sun 24-Apr-16 21:47:52

And didn't CW mumble?

EastMidsMummy Sun 24-Apr-16 22:01:34

How are you posting on this thread? A phone? A laptop? A tablet? Then you have the technology.

deste Sun 24-Apr-16 22:51:58

I was expecting Michael ball but got Claudia. To be honest I enjoyed her choices. She was a bit quiet but I'm sure she will get feedback and sort it out.

LikeDylanInTheMovies Sun 24-Apr-16 23:02:00

How are you posting on this thread? A phone? A laptop? A tablet? Then you have the technology

That crossed my mind too. Perhaps she is using semaphore or smoke signals to dictate her message to someone else. It always amused mewhen people complain on these threads about TV programmes being moved when there's a myriad of ways of watching it whenever's convenient. In a few weeks time we'll get complaints about the European championships 'taking over the TV' when it is only shown on two of the umpteen channels available to anyone with freeview.

southeastastra Mon 25-Apr-16 08:26:42

Rude ! Actually on a desktop

southeastastra Mon 25-Apr-16 08:27:44

Its also the show is aimed at evening listeners

LikeDylanInTheMovies Mon 25-Apr-16 08:54:20

south you should be able to listen on any device with a broadband internet connection. www.bbc.co.uk/radio click on the radio 2 button --> then full schedule

Michael Ball

southeastastra Mon 25-Apr-16 09:00:20

I know but I only gave a digital radio upstairs

SoupDragon Mon 25-Apr-16 09:04:43

Just listen to it on the Radio 2 website whenever you want.

CaptainCallisto Mon 25-Apr-16 09:04:46

I'm quite pleased as I used to miss it in the evenings. I'm nearly always pottering about with the radio on at lunchtime...

Whathaveilost Mon 25-Apr-16 09:27:23

Rude ! Actually on a desktop
It was a fair point. Of course you can listen to the show through your desktop.

You can also listen through your to if you have a smart tv, Dvd ,Sky or virgin ( and probably other services)

southeastastra Mon 25-Apr-16 09:33:38

I give up

IamtheDevilsAvocado Mon 25-Apr-16 09:35:32

Are we talking at x-purposes?!?!

TormundGiantsbabe Mon 25-Apr-16 09:38:06

Is it that you want to listen upstairs but the desktop is downstairs?

Do you have internet on your phone?

SingingTunelessly Mon 25-Apr-16 10:33:38

I think what South means is that the Michael Ball Sunday evening show was perfect for that time of day. Listening to his morning show in the evening isn't the same at all. Think that's right and if so, I totally agree!

Palomb Mon 25-Apr-16 10:39:02

My digital radio has an AV cable socket in the back of it and sometimes I download radio programme on the bbc Iplayer app and play them through the radio speakers.

I've been doing that for at least 8 years so at long as you have some kind of smartphone and an AV cable you should be able to make it happen.

I love R2 in the week and Saturday but Sunday's are dreadful. That awful cackling woman on in the afternoon is enough to turn me off for the whole day. Who listens to her ffs! Own up confused

SingingTunelessly Mon 25-Apr-16 10:42:34

The Elaine Page show is firmly switched off Palomb. That awful, forced, fake giggle ...... arghhhhhh angry

Whathaveilost Mon 25-Apr-16 10:58:44

I give up
Go on, what's the problem?
I thought the beauty about the iplayer is that you could still listen to the show whenever you wanted. Or is it the content has changed?

LikeDylanInTheMovies Mon 25-Apr-16 11:08:18

I don't get what the OP gives up on either, the programme is available, she just doesn't want to move to a different room in the house to listen to it or invest in relatively cheap equipment (a tenner will buy you a Bluetooth speaker) to listen to the show.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now