Talk

Advanced search

To think the BBC Radio app is AWESOME

(34 Posts)
Lanark2 Sat 23-Apr-16 23:06:54

I've just really appreciated how brilliant the BBC Radio app is, after getting a Bluetooth speaker for the bedroom. Its Awesome!

Its got a wake up alarm that works beautifully (radio 3just before the wake up light comes on) a sleep feature that means no more disturbed nights getting subliminally scared by the world service!) And all the radio stations even regional, and 6music, and all the catch up radio including an amazing proper detailed insight into the poultry industry that was supremely enlightening to the foodie me!

Anyone else think this?/ its amazing that we as a country are still so ahead of broadcasting with an intelligence based primary media..I am quite proud of being British smile

SkafaceClaw Sat 23-Apr-16 23:42:26

I love it! Big time! Downloaded so much Radio 4 when I was doing night feeds - especially Desert Island Discs. I now catch up all sorts whenever I have a free minute.

AugustaFinkNottle Sun 24-Apr-16 00:11:13

YA absolutely NBU. I like listening to programmes I've downloaded when I'm out walking - the range available is just phenomenal.

chickenowner Sun 24-Apr-16 00:30:56

I download programmes onto my MP3 player, such as The News Quiz, Food Programme, etc etc (too many to list) to listen to at the gym, or when walking. Soooo fab!

stillenacht1 Sun 24-Apr-16 00:59:37

I love it too... The Unbelievable Truth, The News Quiz, the Now Show, Dilemma etc etc Brilliant smile

Lanark2 Sun 24-Apr-16 04:52:26

smile cool! Good to meet some fans! Its a weird feeling when you pick up some latest science or medical info and sound more informed than the professionals for a bit!..;)

stumblymonkey Sun 24-Apr-16 05:46:11

Ooooh...thanks for this post OP. I shall download it today!

louisejxxx Sun 24-Apr-16 06:13:17

YABU - whenever I try to download a play list it crashes on me sad I've reported the issue and tried updating my app etc but it continues to do it.

allegretto Sun 24-Apr-16 06:14:47

no more disturbed nights getting subliminally scared by the world service! grin

I can't download either - maybe because I'm abroad? I love the app though!

allegretto Sun 24-Apr-16 06:15:37

To the people who download: are you doing it through the app?

Lifeisbeautiful2 Sun 24-Apr-16 06:23:58

Another fan of this...great for putting on sleep timer at night so you don't have to worry about it blaring away for hours.

Bumshkawahwah Sun 24-Apr-16 06:26:10

I love, love, love it. I think we are exceptionally lucky to have access to BBC Radio. I think it is fabulous. I live abroad and tend to download podcasts as shows aren't always on at the right time for me to listen to them. I can be roaring with laughter at Graham Norton one minute and getting my blood pressure up at something on Women's Hour the next. Really, really great.

BevyofQuails Sun 24-Apr-16 06:29:51

Does it work outside of the UK?

Garriguette Sun 24-Apr-16 06:33:25

Bloody love the Beeb. It was totally visionary at the time in placing online so centrally in its services, which raised everyone else's game too.

Bumshkawahwah Sun 24-Apr-16 06:36:36

Allegretto, I'm abroad and can download through the app, as long as I'm not having internet issues. I also stream shows that aren't available as podcasts and that works well too, when I'm at home.

shouldwestayorshouldwego Sun 24-Apr-16 06:44:41

I have a speaker in my pillow and use it to get to sleep. It's great relaxing enough to go to sleep and take away the thoughts of the day but you know that if you fall asleep before the end it will turn off automatically and you can listen to the end the next day. Inside Science, More or Less and Digital Human are current favourites.

allegretto Sun 24-Apr-16 06:54:49

Bumshkawahwah - interesting! I can stream but can't dowload through the app. I will have to look into it.

TeaMeBasil Sun 24-Apr-16 07:00:23

Just downloaded app and spent the last 30 minutes investigating & downloading loads!

Can't believe I haven't found this before grin

Cliffdiver Sun 24-Apr-16 07:00:33

YANBU - it's great.

My favourite cat hips are:

The Archers

Simon Mayo's Confessions (I found the sheep one this week hilarious blush)

Desert island disks

Women's hour

Cliffdiver Sun 24-Apr-16 07:01:18

hmm

Catch ups and woman's.

Finlaggan Sun 24-Apr-16 07:09:37

Love it. Just wish I could download desert island disks...

allegretto Sun 24-Apr-16 07:47:01

Just to add a BBC love - I only discovered the playlist feature this week - you can add tracks (e.g. from Desert Island Discs) to your playlist and listen to them later on Youtube or similar (or via Apple tv on the screen).

WordGetsAround Sun 24-Apr-16 07:50:20

I love it - listen to it throughout the day and every night I put in something to fall asleep to.

I love Last Word, More or Less and Feedback, as well as most of the others mentioned above!

Toooldtobearsed Sun 24-Apr-16 07:55:35

I use it all the time, download stuff that keeps me going through dog walking for hours a day.

The Archers is the first thing I listen to every day followed by whatever takes my fancy. If you have not heard it, PLEASE listen to 'Love in Recovery', it has been my favourite thing this year. So funny and yet so sad, wonderful writing and a brilliant cast.

ForalltheSaints Sun 24-Apr-16 08:47:51

Never mind the app, BBC Radio is one of the great things about this country's culture.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now