Talk

Advanced search

To put my children on the census form on Sunday, even though none of them are here [sob]

(35 Posts)
Maryz Fri 22-Apr-16 21:32:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GretchenBeckett Fri 22-Apr-16 21:35:16

There's a census?

Yanbu btw

Maryz Fri 22-Apr-16 21:36:54

diddl Fri 22-Apr-16 21:38:23

Won't they be recorded where they are iyswim?

Or doesn't it say to put down people who usually reside there?

Maryz Fri 22-Apr-16 21:40:57

diddl Fri 22-Apr-16 21:45:50

That's pretty crap really, isn't it.

Also explains why if you're trying to look uo ancestors they can be hard to find!

You'd think that you could put them down & where they actually are.

That would be interesting!

Maryz Fri 22-Apr-16 21:47:28

Maryz Fri 22-Apr-16 21:48:52

angelikacpickles Fri 22-Apr-16 21:52:39

There is a part to fill in people who normally live in the house but are absent - list 2.

bakeoffcake Fri 22-Apr-16 21:53:32

Yanbu.

I would want to put them down too.

The whole point of it is to count the population so they should be recorded.

switswoo81 Fri 22-Apr-16 21:54:32

YANBU, think there could be a few more boxes for certain circumstances
. My mum is staying with me due to my surgery so in 100 years there is going to be major confusion!

diddl Fri 22-Apr-16 21:55:23

"The census in Ireland is carried out by the Central Statistics Office. The census is taken every five years, with more detailed information collected in years ending in 1 and less in the years ending in 6."

From Wiki.

Interesting!

Maryz Fri 22-Apr-16 22:01:22

Maryz Fri 22-Apr-16 22:01:49

diddl Fri 22-Apr-16 22:05:14

I've just looked at a form onlineblush & bloody hell, if this a year for less information!

Type of water, type of sewerage...

I thought that a census was names, ages, ocupations!

Maryz Fri 22-Apr-16 22:14:20

Kidnapped Fri 22-Apr-16 22:18:41

FIL told me I had filled in the census wrongly since I had put myself as Person 1.

He was convinced that you need a penis to occupy person 1 status.

Don't fill in the water question Maryz

They changed the Irish question to include do you only speak it as school,outside etc?

One of the parents in my ds scholarship is an enumerator. She is getting a fair chunk of change for it but apparently loads if people are boycotting this year.

Maryz Fri 22-Apr-16 22:25:14

Apparently you can be fined and imprisoned for not filling it under the Census act but I've read a large contingent of the boycotters are sending it back unsigned because this year the water question is included and the census is being given sent to a private company in England to be assessed instead of staying in Ireland- worried about who gets their data I suppose.

Mind you I don't know what they could do with the data, I've 2 kids, speak irish occasionally and I don't pay for water. That's hardly going to get my identity stolen!

potoftea Fri 22-Apr-16 22:33:54

Saw this thread title and worried for a second that I'd posted it without knowing! Am also wanting to include my 3 adult DC in family cencus although 2 of them live in shared houses elsewhere, so I'll only include the one student who'll be back home shortly.
I would definitely include someone who's only away on holiday even though its against the rules. I think as the info is used for planning the needs of the area in coming years it makes sense.
Last census I filled ours in so put myself down as head of the household, dh didn't mind but friends were surprised!

Maryz Fri 22-Apr-16 22:35:29

Maryz Fri 22-Apr-16 22:40:03

Maryz Fri 22-Apr-16 22:41:43

DramaAlpaca Fri 22-Apr-16 22:45:15

I haven't even looked at the stupid form yet.

But yes, I want to put DS2 down even though he lives away from home. I must actually text or call him to remind him that he & his house mates have to fill it in.

We haven't paid our water bill yet. DH is being stubborn about it.

As for the head of the household, I'm going to fill the bloody form in, so I'll be putting myself down first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now