Talk

Advanced search

to think this should be rolled out nationally?

(6 Posts)
FeedMyFaceWithJaffaCakes Thu 21-Apr-16 21:56:58

Given out how many assaults you hear about, wouldn't it be fantastic if this sign/ something like it could be rolled out nationally so everyone could feel safe in every bar/club/pub in the country? That it becomes so commonplace even when drunk people remember those two words.
This was started in The Brickyard in St Albans and since gone viral and I can see why.

Birdsgottafly Thu 21-Apr-16 22:11:01

I don't like the first bit, if you haven't got the confidence to tell your Date that its not going well and you're better off ending it now, then you shouldn't be meeting up in a unfamiliar place and possibly shouldn't be OLD.

EveryoneElsie Thu 21-Apr-16 22:17:31

This is brilliant and should be available in every bar.

There was a terrible incident in a Midlands SU bar. A student had one drink and ended up completely inebriated. The barman asked her male companion to see her to her room safely. She woke up in the corridor the next day.
He was acquitted. He did not explain to the jury how that was seeing her to her room safely, just argued he had consent.

Osolea Thu 21-Apr-16 22:17:41

Not sure about that tbh.

Why can't people just go to the toilet and phone themselves a taxi out if there if they need to?

I'm not sure minimum wage bar staff should be expected to have to move people away, that a security staff job. And it could end up with perfectly harmless, lovely people feeling humiliated just because their date turned out not to fancy them. Or it could be used maliciously by people who just have a grudge or want to be nasty.

I think if you're old enough to go on tinder dates, you should be old enough to look after yourself.

FeedMyFaceWithJaffaCakes Thu 21-Apr-16 22:40:07

Everyoneselsie's example gives us a very very good example of why I think it should be used smile

RealityCheque Thu 21-Apr-16 22:53:59

No it doesn't, Jaffa!

If she was totally inebriated she would not have been able to invoke the 'service'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now