Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that Nadia's cake was a bit pants

(244 Posts)
TodaysFishIsTroutALaCreme Thu 21-Apr-16 20:39:32

It just doesn't appear as professional as I was hoping for I guess. It looks wonky and the fondant icing looks badly done. I was so hoping for it to be amazing.

wizzywig Thu 21-Apr-16 20:40:19

Yeah i couldnt figure out if it was supposed to be wonky or not

TurnOffTheTv Thu 21-Apr-16 20:41:04

Oh dear Nadia confused looks very shoddy. I love her as well.

TodaysFishIsTroutALaCreme Thu 21-Apr-16 20:41:06

It could just be the angle it wad taken at.

GlitteryShoes Thu 21-Apr-16 20:42:04

I think Nadia is a cake maker rather than cake decorator. I bet it tastes fabulous.

Junosmum Thu 21-Apr-16 20:42:22

Yeah, I thought that. Fine for her to make a cake but a well done carrot cake (victoria sponge/ red velvet etc) would have been much better but not a cake like that when that isn't her speciality.

Sparklingbrook Thu 21-Apr-16 20:43:02

That does not look like any orange drizzle cake I have ever seen, I don't get all the gold and purple stuff. That picture makes it look a bit wonky.

I think she's brilliant though and I bet it tasted amazing.

GinAndColonic Thu 21-Apr-16 20:43:07

That looks awful

Even if it had slipped in warm weather or some disaster the purple stripes still look poor.

Euphemia Thu 21-Apr-16 20:43:14

What's it supposed to be? confused

LemonRedwood Thu 21-Apr-16 20:43:25

The photographs from other angles show that it was straight and it looks pretty impressive. Not sure I could do a cake like that.

PPie10 Thu 21-Apr-16 20:44:20

What a boring, dull cake. Looks like a slapdash job to me, not fitting for the occasion.

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Thu 21-Apr-16 20:44:43

Poor Liz, with her fixed brave smile cutting her wonky purple cake.

No one wants to deal with that kind of fuckery on their birthday.

figureofspeech Thu 21-Apr-16 20:45:05

Ahh bless Nadia looks chuffed and I don't think her majesty will have her sent to the tower although it depends on the taste I suppose

TodaysFishIsTroutALaCreme Thu 21-Apr-16 20:45:43

I think she did an orange drizzle cake as she didn't want to do a lemon drizzle in case the queen punched it. grin

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Thu 21-Apr-16 20:46:33

Hmmm, not convinced by it.

Nadya herself looks very different from earlier, or am I imagining things?

MrsJayy Thu 21-Apr-16 20:47:30

She was saying on loose women that she worked with people on it not sure who the people were mind you I just think we were probably expecting a more traditional cake

Crispbutty Thu 21-Apr-16 20:48:16

It really isn't professional looking but it probably tastes great

Sparklingbrook Thu 21-Apr-16 20:49:58

Just read that it has a marmalade filling.

<takes back comment about it probably tasting amazing>

IceBeing Thu 21-Apr-16 20:51:54

I think the whole story is fucking lovely. If HRH had wanted a fabulous professional job she could undoubtedly have hired a fabulous professional to make the cake. Nadja's an amateur, all be it a very good one, and I doubt HRH had any complaints.

And the whole idea of asking her instead of a Michellin stared pro was extremely cute.

Good call I say - and I would ditch the monarchy given a chance!

Sparklingbrook Thu 21-Apr-16 20:53:11

Who actually got to have any?

Mishaps Thu 21-Apr-16 20:56:35

It's got to be a joke surely! It's rubbish!

StealthPolarBear Thu 21-Apr-16 20:57:42

When I'm 90 I want a chocolate cake smile but agree nice touch rather than getting someone famous for the cakes
though she missed a treat I do a mean smarties cake. Or she could have had a Colin the caterpillar

FearOfFlying Thu 21-Apr-16 20:58:04

I bet it tastes delicious - but I did find myself wondering if it was meant to look wonky though, or whether it was the camera angle.

I luffs Nadia though - so nice that she made a cake for Queenie.

ConfuciousSayWhat Thu 21-Apr-16 20:59:45

It looked cocking awful but I bet it tasted divine

StealthPolarBear Thu 21-Apr-16 21:00:35

I bet it got that slightly furry jar of marmalade from the back of her fridge used up as well grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now