to curl up on the sofa and cry

(11 Posts)
lamusic Thu 21-Apr-16 18:50:55

Ok so maybe a bit over dramatic. But, I'm having the period from hell today confused non stop pain, trying not to throw up when teaching classes. Anyway ramble over grin

WallyBantersJunkBox Thu 21-Apr-16 19:05:34

brewbless you. Put some comfy old joggers on, get a hot water bottle, a painkiller and a cuppa and watch some shite telly.

AvaLeStrange Thu 21-Apr-16 19:49:41

Yanbu. I've had a hellsh time time this month too - spent yesterday largely in bed.

Nice bath, lavender oil, painkillers, hot wheat bag & chocolate - hope you feel better soon chocolate flowers

lamusic Thu 21-Apr-16 21:48:35

I feel much better after a nap and a hot water bottle smile

lamusic Thu 21-Apr-16 21:48:43

I feel much better after a nap and a hot water bottle smile

VioletTea Thu 21-Apr-16 22:16:14

flowers winecake

HappyFatty Thu 21-Apr-16 22:38:18

flowers empathy darling. Since having my twins my periods have been just awful. It feels like my womb is being inverted by a mad gynecologist's dog. I find a hot bath helps. Also little light meals often help with the nausea. xxx

WallyBantersJunkBox Fri 22-Apr-16 08:05:48

happyfatty that was THE best description of period pain I've heard in a long time! gringringrinwine

How you feeling op?

Oldisthenewblack Fri 22-Apr-16 12:44:59

iIne's just starting. Feeling the gripes already. Always try to load up with painkillers before it gets into full swing. It's horrible having to carry on with your normal activities when you're in pain, isn't it? I've just cancelled plans for tomorrow as I know I'll be feeling dreadful.

Greyponcho Fri 22-Apr-16 12:56:28

Period pain that stops you from functioning (after taking normal painkillers) is not normal, you shouldn't have to suffer - contrary to popular belief, crippling period pains aren't just part of being a woman. It could be a sign of endometriosis.
Have you asked your GP for help? Mefanamic acid and naproxen are the big brothers of ibuprofen & may really help you.
In the mean time, a bath might help soothe you

lamusic Fri 22-Apr-16 17:23:24

Feeling lots better now wally! Just a little bit of backache smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now