Talk

Advanced search

To invest in a super soaker

(46 Posts)
ConfuciousSayWhat Thu 21-Apr-16 15:53:34

With the expressed intention of firing it at the local cats when they come into my garden?

I hate cats with a passion and more to the point hate cat shit everywhere.

I'm prepared for the onslaught from the cat lover brigade but a water pistol is the only way I can think of legally ridding myself of this vermin from my garden.

All other suggestions welcomed

PPie10 Thu 21-Apr-16 15:56:09

I hate cats too! Electric fencing sorted out the problem for me but not sure if it's legal where you are.

BillSykesDog Thu 21-Apr-16 15:57:08

I am a cat lover and I say go ahead. It's water, it really annoys them but it doesn't hurt them and will encourage them to stay away. Go for it.

It's your garden, and as long as it doesn't hurt or harm them you are entitled to take whatever measures you want to keep them out. And water doesn't hurt them or harm them. Go for it.

Notthecarwashagain Thu 21-Apr-16 15:58:25

YANBU.
It won't hurt the cat.

I have a litter trained cat who doesn't crap outside (she barely leaves the house!) and get really pissed off that I have to clean out her litter, pick up my dogs' poo, and then I have to pick up other random cat shit before my puppy gets there first and eats it

It's gross!

Greyhorses Thu 21-Apr-16 15:59:18

I wouldn't have an issue with you soaking my cat at all grin
It would take a while for it to sink in though, my cat is thick and would keep coming back regardless of how much it got wet confused

Notthecarwashagain Thu 21-Apr-16 15:59:37

(I'm not pissed off at having to clean up after my owns pets btw, worded that wrong!)

YoungGirlGrowingOld Thu 21-Apr-16 16:00:28

Cat lover here but I say go for it. A few drops of vinegar can make it extra unpleasant apparently (theory is that they remember when they lick it off).

Steben Thu 21-Apr-16 16:00:46

I love cats and own one but definitely think YANBU - soak away they should soon learn. If be happy for you to give my cat a soaking.

centigrade451 Thu 21-Apr-16 16:01:07

YANBU to hate cats. That is just how you feel.

YABU to want to zap them with supersoaker even if it would make great youtube videos.

I would suggest something less harmful to cats - like this sonic cat repellant. Far more civilised...

www.amazon.co.uk/STV-STV610-Mega-Sonic-Cat-Repeller/dp/B000NR8Q1U

sianihedgehog Thu 21-Apr-16 16:01:08

Go for it. I have two cats, but a water spray won't hurt them and it beats telling me to keep them out of your garden. You can actually get automatic motion sensing spray systems to protect your garden, too.

TrionicLettuce Thu 21-Apr-16 16:01:29

You need one of these.

It doesn't take cats very long to realise our garden is a no go area. All the long term residents give us a wide berth now and any new ones get the idea very quickly as well.

FuckSanta Thu 21-Apr-16 16:03:53

You're missing something centigrade. They don't work.

I hate cats too. angry

Pinkheart5915 Thu 21-Apr-16 16:04:14

YANBU
it's only a little water

Kingsizecrochetblanket Thu 21-Apr-16 16:07:04

Sonic repellant things don't work.

HanYOLO Thu 21-Apr-16 16:08:22

YANBU

I like cats. I just don't like them using my garden for shagging, shitting and screeching.

I am getting me one of those watercannons

MangoBiscuit Thu 21-Apr-16 16:13:33

Sonic repellants work on me! Horrid noise. I'm definitely not a cat though.

NeedACleverNN Thu 21-Apr-16 16:16:05

Go for it

Little bit of water won't harm the cat

Though you will find some oddballs who love water and will probably come to you for their daily bath

ConfuciousSayWhat Thu 21-Apr-16 16:19:11

Brilliant! I was all set for a lynching grin

InsufficientlyCaffeinated Thu 21-Apr-16 16:19:24

I have a cat but use a water soaker to keep another cat away. Haven't seen him in ages since the last soaking. Evil thing made my cat too scared to use his own yard so I had to have a litter tray indoors which I was not happy about, and it killed all my fish and left them strewn across the lawn angry

FruStefanOla Thu 21-Apr-16 16:20:07

We have cats. Our neighbours have cats. Our neighbours' neighbours have cats!

I love my cats, but I do get a tad irritated by the various neighbouring cats - and our own cats get pissed off with the neighbouring cats.

So, yes, we have a water spray (not a super-soaker!) to discourage the others. It's water, it doesn't hurt.

Ihangmyknickersontheline Thu 21-Apr-16 16:21:07

You're on to a winner here, even the cat loving brigade are with you! Good Luck with your water blaster...grin

PinkSparklyPussyCat Thu 21-Apr-16 16:24:13

I'm a cat lover and I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Can I get one so I can fire it at the bastard dogs who crap on the pavement by my house?!

RiverTam Thu 21-Apr-16 16:28:18

I want one to zap the bastard Bengal cat from next door who terrorises my two.

TheWitTank Thu 21-Apr-16 16:28:34

I like cats, but I'm so pissed off with them coming through my garden. My dogs (lurchers) are VERY likely to try and take a big bite out of one if they catch it, and this means I have to keep a really good eye out if they are outside. They also waltz past my patio doors causing an explosion of barking and jumping up AND they shit not only on the grass but on my driveway and my kitchen roof. Grim. I've taken to flinging the shit back over the fence to my neighbours where the cats come from. I might invest in a soaker too!

Wolfiefan Thu 21-Apr-16 16:30:42

I bought a soaker to get rid of an aggressive black cat that terrorised mine and even attacked me when I tried to shoo it away.
Under normal circumstances just get an empty washing up liquid bottle and fill with water. Then squirt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now