AIBU to think my uterus is possessed?

(19 Posts)
Pseudo341 Thu 21-Apr-16 11:45:56

Period stopped 2 days ago. But did it? Oh no it didn't, I've just bled straight through my jeans in a couple of minutes with no warning whatsoever. Bear in mind that when it had stopped 2 days ago, that's with having stopped 2 days before that and then suddenly restarted again in much the same fashion. I find I'm wearing a towel 50% of the time just in case I get caught out again, like the time it ended up going right through my clothes onto the car seat during a 10 minute drive. Periods are only about 3 1/2 weeks apart if that and then go on (and off) for a good ten days each time. AIBU to think this is deliberate sabotage done by some nasty evil spirit determined to ruin my life and underwear?

Modestandatinybitsexy Thu 21-Apr-16 12:49:36

If it helps you're not the only one. I went from a fairly standard 28-30 day cycle then as soon as I started TTC it went wild, no varies between 25-37 days. With spotting and weird symptoms in between.

It's definitely the work of some malevolent being..

I feel your pain. flowers

Pseudo341 Thu 21-Apr-16 13:15:49

You definitely have my sympathy. At least my demon was kind enough to wait until after I'd been sterilized to move in. Maybe that's when it moved in, baby taken out by caesarean left a big hole and the surgeon didn't stitch it up quick enough. It did bring with it an inability to wear any internal protection due to muscles stupidly clenching up around tampons/mooncup and leaving me doubled over with pain so now I have to change STs every hour, or keep throwing out clean ones, depending on what on earth's going on at that moment. My body is out to get me, grrrrrr!

Toomanyhyphons Thu 21-Apr-16 14:48:14

I think if this started after you were sterilised and also after a c-section of go to your GP and get a referral to a gynaecologist to check alls ok. They may be able to do something for you to stop all the irregular bleeding. Xxx

IceBeing Thu 21-Apr-16 15:10:28

I have a mini-demon like this...

But tell me more about muscle clenching mooncup issues? I didn't realise this was a thing but had decided that on average using a mooncup caused me more pain during a period even though I couldn't conjure a mechanism...

Melbournemel Thu 21-Apr-16 15:21:52

Yup. Since my second was born I've been having the very same problem. It's like my uterus waits for me to be off my guard before opening the floodagtes again hmm Also, sometimes I will randomly spot for a week prior to full period. I will be left wondering if I'm just having a light cycle for a week but then bam full flow for another 5-7 days.

Tobeemoree Thu 21-Apr-16 17:47:38

Me too sad Just had what I thought was the start of an early period. But OH NO. It's just spotting heavy enough to use heavy flow tampons for.

This being mid-40's lark can fuck right off. I've 'ad it.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Thu 21-Apr-16 17:50:40

I'd go to the GP and mention it, you shouldn't have to put up with this.

girlsmum1510 Thu 21-Apr-16 18:05:13

Currently under investigation for this 😐.

Also light bleeding post intercourse.

See your gp mine been good

Pseudo341 Thu 21-Apr-16 18:37:54

I am planning to go to the GP eventually. I'm rather scatty and rubbish at remembering what happened when so I started keeping a period diary at the beginning of the year. Once I've collected enough evidence I'll go to the GP, otherwise I figured I'd just show up and say "my periods are out to get me" but wouldn't be able able to give details and the doc would tell me to go home and keep a diary.

IceBeing I used to have occasional problems with tampons but now it's anything internal. All the muscles down there just seem to go into some kind of spasm around it. It's not period cramps, it's the vaginal muscles, they seem to seize up in a really tight squeeze, it's really rather painful. No idea why, but it's really annoying. I used to get on pretty well with a mooncup before I had kids.

Toadsrevisited Thu 21-Apr-16 18:40:35

What about washable pads or liners? Seems less wasteful and not scented or plasticy...

hollinhurst84 Thu 21-Apr-16 18:42:40

Mine does that. Day 4 of period, it stops, I start prancing about in white jeans (not really)
Day 5, nothing
Day 6, deluge
Wtf?!

CigarsofthePharoahs Thu 21-Apr-16 18:45:41

I had similar after my periods returned post ds2. I had an EMCS.
I had 21 day cycles, very heavy bleeding that left me anaemic and the same stop-start thing. It was lucky that I was a bit suspicious of my period finishing so neatly after only 5 days so I carried on wearing a pad and on day 7 - wham! Massive flood whilst I was visiting ds's new school for his taster day. The pad held up - just!
I'm now on the pill, running the packs together with no breaks. No periods, no problem!

RaskolnikovsGarret Thu 21-Apr-16 18:56:51

Am in the middle of my third week shock of a heavy period, flooding etc. sad I know it's just the peri menopause but I've had enough. I'll get round to visiting my GP eventually, preferably before I get on a plane this summer - will not be fun for me or the plane otherwise.

I've tried Tranexamic acid with no luck. Any recommendations?

I sympathise OP.

RaskolnikovsGarret Thu 21-Apr-16 18:57:41

That pill sounds good Cigars! Do you have the name?

IceBeing Thu 21-Apr-16 20:46:56

OP hmmm...that doesn't sound the same as me then. I just feel like the actual period cramps get more horendous if I use a mooncup.

Mind you, I think I get bowel inflamation during periods which is what causes the serious pain...so maybe spasming muscles in the vagina could still trigger that...

Oh the mysteries of wombs.

Pseudo341 Thu 21-Apr-16 21:38:50

It's nice to know I'm not the only one with an evil womb spirit smile

Unfortunately I can't take the pill, it gives me migraines.

Toadsrevisited I can't deal with washable pads right now. I'm disabled with two young kids, I'm not coping with the washing as it is. Maybe later down the line.

Flumpsnlumpsnstuff Thu 21-Apr-16 21:48:17

Nope mine was evil sod tooangry
I had 4 years of constant periods heavy as hell with random 2 day breaks, resulted in migraines, iron tablets and finally sterilised and abelated ( can't spell ) 8 years on and no period yet. Weirdly I saw dr for uti last week and she now wants to investigate that ??hmm
slightly digressing
My personal favourite period demon was DD1's first parents evening, stood to walk out of parent teacher meeting and flooded !
Sent DH for next 3 years

Pseudo341 Fri 22-Apr-16 07:06:34

Oh Flumps blush I'd have died! So far noone's witnessed any leaks thankfully.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now