Could this be skin cancer? Or am I a hypochondriac?

(12 Posts)
MyQuaterLifeCrisis Wed 20-Apr-16 18:52:33

I'm planning on seeing GP tomorrow, but after the Google search I did a while ago looking for advice on these random sores/scabs that have been on my hand and arm for 7-10 days without healing I'm freaking out and need some reassurance! The term 'squamous cell carcinoma' came up, along with pictures looking exactly the same as the one I've put here!

Any dermatologists/doctor MNers on here?

Feel like my health has really gone downhill these last few weeks, flu, IBS, a cold and now this sad

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 20-Apr-16 18:56:06

Doesn't look like skin cancer to me, but you should get it checked out for your own peace of mind (not an expert, but have had skin cancer)

Looks to me like bites or something you have scratched, if you generally run down things take longer to heal.

Might be worth getting your GP to give you a once over regarding your final sentence.

MyQuaterLifeCrisis Wed 20-Apr-16 18:58:14

My friend suggested flea bites too, but I always thought they itched and I don't have any pets. Yes I will be asking for a full check up, been really run down recently that's for sure.

Alexa444 Wed 20-Apr-16 18:59:16

If you're run down that could be what causes them. I get sore flaky skin around my mouth whenever I'm run down, it looks awful but yours look more like bites tbh

araiba Wed 20-Apr-16 19:00:06

i would think the gp you are seeing tomorrow would be able to help you best

TheoriginalLEM Wed 20-Apr-16 19:06:29

look like bites or allergies. a million other things but not cancer.

lljkk Wed 20-Apr-16 19:27:04

itchy infection? Honestly, skin does all sorts of weird stuff. Hypochondriac to only think cancer, sorry.

MyQuaterLifeCrisis Wed 20-Apr-16 19:34:44

No itching and no pain btw

CornishDoll82 Wed 20-Apr-16 20:12:10

Not an expert but don't think that looks particularly suspicious and I don't think cancer happens in 7-10 days......definitely not worth a panic over

ShtoppenDerFloppen Wed 20-Apr-16 21:45:44

Sore that won't heal is weeks, months, longer... not less than a fortnight.

Dr. Google is not your friend, but see your GP - perhaps more to talk about your health anxiety than your spots.

thebestfurchinchilla Wed 20-Apr-16 22:27:25

I think it would be unusual to have more than one spot of skin cancer . Looks more like bites or chicken pox. Get well soon.

Potatoface2 Wed 20-Apr-16 22:38:40

Looks like impetigo to me....be careful touching your face....it spreads...just a skin infection that needs a cream antibiotic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now