Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want to stab this girl on the train?

(31 Posts)
Meggymoodle Tue 19-Apr-16 19:19:33

She is cracking gum and chewing - loudly.

Fortunately I do not have a stabbing implement.

readytorage Tue 19-Apr-16 19:24:46

YABU. It's annoying but you're extreme

Queenbean Tue 19-Apr-16 19:27:41

Didn't you know you have to put "lighthearted" on any thread to avoid actually being told YABU

YANBU though. Today I was the first person to get on at my doors, waiting for the light to go yellow to press the button. A woman huffed and leant around me and slammed the button a few times. Yes, I really am that stupid that I don't know how the train door works and it's probable that the light just hasn't come on because it's broken. Even though no one else is even getting on the train.

If you could find her and deal the same punishment that would be much appreciated

hazeyjane Tue 19-Apr-16 19:27:47

Maybe earphones in future

MiddleAgeMiddleEngland Tue 19-Apr-16 19:27:50

Well, stabbing her is probably a bit extreme but I know what you mean.

I've been known to tell fully grown adults that I'm not prepared to speak to them until they put their gum in the bin. If I wanted to speak to a chewing mammal, I'd find a cow.

Revolting stuff.

Meggymoodle Tue 19-Apr-16 19:36:52

Oh sorry, yes forgot the "lighthearted". I'm not actually planning on stabbing her. I have shot her evil looks though...

isitginoclock Tue 19-Apr-16 19:38:17

You're being completely unreasonable, think of all the mess that the guards would have to clean up. And the police wouldn't let you go home for vino. wink

Mslg Tue 19-Apr-16 19:39:32

YANBU at all. Chewing gum bubble popping is one of the most irritating sounds known to humankind. I'd leave the coach it would annoy me that much!

edwardsmum11 Tue 19-Apr-16 19:39:39

Yabu, lots of cameras on the train. You would never get away with it.

SilverMachine Tue 19-Apr-16 19:45:53

Yanbu.

I felt similarly murderous on the tube the other day sitting next to a guy who was noisily picking stuff out of his ears and inspecting it angry

scribblegirl Tue 19-Apr-16 19:47:49

I find it hard to care tbh. Have you ever been diagnosed with misophonia? <tilts head> grin

Meggymoodle Tue 19-Apr-16 19:49:15

Silver you win - that is disgusting!

Equilibrium restored in my little brain - I am off the train and away from the gym cracking.

Meggymoodle Tue 19-Apr-16 19:50:13

Scribble - not officially but I'm sure I've got it!!

DottyButtons Tue 19-Apr-16 19:50:55

I have to work 12 hour night shifts with a woman who does that.
Unless she's on her break where she snores like a fucking train instead.

Meggymoodle Tue 19-Apr-16 19:55:24

Dotty flowers I honestly don't know how you manage that!

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 19-Apr-16 19:55:57

Is she currently on the train?

I hope this wasn't me blush I don't think I was chewing loudly but I did chew gum on the train today. Mostly to stop me mouth breathing because for some reason I seem to be inadequate at breathing this week but I have meetings that I can't miss, and I didn't want to annoy anyone by mouth breathing or gaping like a fish.

carabos Tue 19-Apr-16 19:57:06

I got an unsolicited call the other day and the caller was clearly chewing gum. I told her to call back when she wasn't on her meal break.

Meggymoodle Tue 19-Apr-16 19:59:01

Anchor it was literally just now and it was rug cracking rather than the chewing so don't worry!

SeriouslyFuckThisShit Tue 19-Apr-16 20:04:14

I can see no reason at all why you would not stab her. Love a bit of bad breath me.

Fratelli Tue 19-Apr-16 20:06:04

Yabu for not stabbing her! I'm sure you could have fashioned some kind of stabbing implement!

TheoriginalLEM Tue 19-Apr-16 20:06:10

This girl? What girl? I don't see any girl??

YABU if only because your OP took me straight back to school, being berated by the nuns for saying "this X" to describe something....

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Tue 19-Apr-16 20:08:54

Ready. Did we leave out sense of humour behind this morning. The OP isn't physically going to go over and stick a knife through her heart.

DottyButtons Tue 19-Apr-16 20:19:55

meggy I balance things on her when she's asleep.

Czerny88 Tue 19-Apr-16 20:51:43

I'm not sure whether gum-chewing is worse than sniffing. It's a close call.

Meggymoodle Wed 20-Apr-16 14:08:12

Dotty grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now