Talk

Advanced search

Joules Wellies

(41 Posts)
Debbywebby Tue 19-Apr-16 14:50:43

I have just been inspired to join mumsnet because I am so cross about my Joules wellies.....what a load of leaky rubbish.....Do not bother buying them. Sorry did I say Joules???....I think I meant "I Saw You Coming" Anyway glad I've joined now!

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Tue 19-Apr-16 14:51:36

Perhaps the pair you got were just, you know, faulty?

Doubt they are all like that

FlyRussianUnicorn Tue 19-Apr-16 14:51:38

Welcome to the dark side. You may never leave.

Muhahahahaha grin

TheDuchessOfArbroathsHat Tue 19-Apr-16 14:52:15

Are you sure you didn't want Twitter? shock

Most people don't join Mumsnet because of their wellies. Have you actually contacted the makers of your leaky boots?

TaraCarter Tue 19-Apr-16 14:58:55

Ack, wet feet!

It's not that I'm not sympathetic, but Joules are unlikely to see your thread. You'd be better off emailing them directly if you want a refund or exchange.

SpareJ Tue 19-Apr-16 15:02:06

Yes to emailing them and then mention Mumsnet if they don't give you suitable recompense. I had occasion to do this one time and funnily enough the company took a bit more notice when they realised that the whole of MN might get to hear about their crappy trousers with one leg longer than the other.

And regarding your wellies: don't be fooled into buying Hunters as they are worse than useless, Aigle are the ones if you want to do any serious welly-business in them!

OreosOreosOreos Tue 19-Apr-16 15:06:54

Don't joules wellies come with at least a years guarantee?

Even if not they'd be covered under the Sale Of Goods Act if less than 12 months old and not misused.

We've had loads of kids pairs over the years and they've always been great, and I've currently got a pair that's fine.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Tue 19-Apr-16 15:18:00

I totally sympathise. Years on I am still in a rage with Joules over my wellie fiasco.

Bought some and they leaked straight away, those were the little wellie bobs.m rang up customer service who said they couldn't possibly leak and maybe wet grass was making my trousers wet and dripping inside the boot. These were two weeks old. I said no, ive stood in a puddle to test them and they leak. So they told me to send them back for testing.

They emailed me a returns label and I sent them off. Didn't hear back. So I emailed them and they said they'd never got them. So I went to the post office with my proof of postage to make a claim. The post office said the address/postcode was invalid therefore it wasn't their fault and they wouldn't refund.

So I went back to Joules and asked why they'd sent me a dodgy returns label. They said their label was fine. I went back to the post office who said it wasn't and refused to be involved.

I got on Twitter and started tweeting joules about it and in the end they agreed to send me a new pair of wellibobs. Which leaked like a sieve from day one. If I wear them on a slightly muddy track my feet get so wet that when I take the boots off my socks are actually covered in mud on the underneath of the sock!

Oh and if you leave a perfectly polite but negative review on their website they won't publish it. Which makes me view their whole website with distrust.

So I totally wasted £35 of my money as I just couldn't face ringing them up again and telling them their boots leaked.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Tue 19-Apr-16 15:19:07

Don't send your boots back to them whatever you do!

I gave up and spent £10 on a pair of dunlops which two years later are still going strong.

Notso Tue 19-Apr-16 15:20:20

Just take them back?

slicedfinger Tue 19-Apr-16 15:22:27

We repeatedly fell for their cheery fun wellies. The DC never tire of telling people how crap and leaky they were and how mummy kept forgetting and buying more. blush

YabuDabbaDoo Tue 19-Apr-16 15:29:24

I picked some up in a charity shop once

They went back there in a bag of other donations shortly thereafter!

RevoltingPeasant Tue 19-Apr-16 16:25:21

My Joules wellies also leak. Going to get Muck Boots next time!

Arkwright Tue 19-Apr-16 16:27:19

My girls had some and they leaked too.

totty12mum Tue 19-Apr-16 16:34:06

Sea salt ones are great

RainbowPickle Tue 19-Apr-16 16:38:30

Glad it's not just me - my started leaking after about 6monyhs which I thought was rubbish. I use them for kicking around the garden

Katinkka Tue 19-Apr-16 16:46:59

Get some Hunters ladies. Mine are brill and still like new after 2 years

TheDuchessOfArbroathsHat Tue 19-Apr-16 16:48:44

I agree about the Hunters. Mine are 3 years old, get pounded to hell and they're still 100% perfect.

Chippednailvarnish Tue 19-Apr-16 16:49:49

Kinky boots are more mumsnet's style.

You have actually made me consider what wellies to get, as I was hoping to pick some up in the sales.

BikeRunSki Tue 19-Apr-16 16:50:13

Conplain to Joules!!!

But I agree with you. My mum knows a lady who has a Twee Things type shop. She used to sell Joules wellies, but stopped because so many were returned.

I have size 9 feet and big calfs so pretty wellies are out of reach. I wear plain black builders merchant wellies and they're awesome.

CruCru Tue 19-Apr-16 17:23:31

Le Chameau do good wellies for wide calves.

Therewere5inthebed Tue 19-Apr-16 17:48:47

I have loved Joules wellies and clothing for about 6 years now but the quality has gone so far downhill over the last couple of years that I no longer waste my money buying from them, stitching coming undone, wellies leaking, bags breaking and I look after my things and treat them with respect.

Their customer service is very lacking now and incredibly slow.

In all a good brand gone bad.

Alasalas2 Tue 19-Apr-16 17:52:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sweetkitty Tue 19-Apr-16 17:59:37

My Joules wellies lasted 9 months before they leaked, Hunters before then lasted 8!!!

I don't know where I'm walking the dog, across molten lava fields or something?

WellErrr Tue 19-Apr-16 18:09:11

I've got Aigles now, they're much better than Hunters.

But yes, I hear the Joules ones are like sieves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now