Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to ask about Jawbone - those fitness wrist thingies

(4 Posts)
WendyWithers Tue 19-Apr-16 00:04:53

Someone recently showed me there's - Jawbone Up - seemed really simple and could track steps and sleep etc which appealed. She pulled it apart and showed me a bit that plugged into her computer to get the readings - seemed simple. She'd just bought it. She wasn't someone I'm likely to see again.

When I went in search of this in Currys was told that the current ones work in conjunction with a smartphone; no plugging into computers anymore. This is all well and good for those with a smartphone who know about apps and the like, but I don't. Just want this simple one I saw this woman with. AIBU to ask if anyone knows what model this was and where to get it?

TheFuzz Tue 19-Apr-16 00:07:57

They are crap. We've been through 4. I've had 3 and my wife's lasted longer. There is a long list of faults with them. We had the UP24. Customer service is shocking. Avoid.

My three just stopped working. They don't like sweat.

fatmomma99 Tue 19-Apr-16 00:24:31

I've got an Up band. It was my birthday present last year (I've just had this year's b.day). I really like it. It looks ok. Fits ok. It doesn't do bikes or water, but you can tell it what you've been up to.

It sends me very encouraging messages.

Mine is linked to my I-pad. It counts my steps, notes my exercise and reports on my sleep (how long, how deep. I never get enough, obvs!). You can tell it about food too, but I don't want mine to know how much I drink.

At the end of last summer (so, after I'd had it 5 months) a bit of it dropped off ( the button you press to tell it you're awake or asleep). I looked it up on MN, and it's a common problem. Their customer service was pretty rubbish, and the replacement they sent me was a lower version. So I complained and complained until they sent me a new one of the one that went wrong and it's been fine ever since.

I like mine a lot.

Namechangingbastard Tue 19-Apr-16 00:28:32

I have a fitbit. Similar thing I think. Love it two years now no problems at all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now