Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think my cat can't vanish?

(27 Posts)
0mgitsme Mon 18-Apr-16 23:16:15

NC
We live in a flat with a cat, Tabby. Since this afternoon he had vanished. Searched the flat, searched outside, even tho he couldn't have got out. Ideas please. I am extremely upset, he's my constant companion

Mysteryfla Mon 18-Apr-16 23:17:26

Is he shut in a cupboard?

0mgitsme Mon 18-Apr-16 23:20:53

Checked the cupboards and wardrobes, he's a big cat too. Shaken treats, moved furniture. He's gone!

Pipbin Mon 18-Apr-16 23:21:48

They can hide very well.
I'm assuming you have got out the dreamies or other treat of choice.

Pipbin Mon 18-Apr-16 23:22:07

X post.

Ratbagcatbag Mon 18-Apr-16 23:22:47

Washing machine, dryer, under kick boards in kitchen?

Any chance at all he's got out? Window left open, door for a few minutes?

MyKingdomForBrie Mon 18-Apr-16 23:23:08

Could he have snuck round the door when you came in or out? Mine are like ninjas.

It's incredible what tight spaces they can get into - under sofa? Under bed?

Stratter5 Mon 18-Apr-16 23:24:50

Try tipping the sofa up, one of ours unpicked the lining underneath and fell asleep inside the sofa.

Other than that, kick boards, bath panel, actually take out drawers, etc.

0mgitsme Mon 18-Apr-16 23:25:06

Dreamies and cheese down, dh out scouring area, Tabby is an indoor cat, he's been out once or twice with me. But I don't see how he could have got out. Usually he would be demanding dinner well before this

SaucyJack Mon 18-Apr-16 23:29:11

He won't have just vanished if the door/windows were closed. Laws of physics innit.

We've had this a few times with our indoor cat. I can't tell you where she was hiding, but she always turns up again.

0mgitsme Mon 18-Apr-16 23:32:18

Thanks for the suggestions, just going round our not very big flat again

WannaBe Mon 18-Apr-16 23:33:25

My guess would be that he's got out.

One of my cats used to be able to open the drawers underneath the bed. She used to then crawl in there right behind the drawer so if you closed it she'd be tucked in behind. Eventually she would wake up and scratch to get out, although after the first couple of times we knew where to look if we couldn't find her.

AliceInUnderpants Mon 18-Apr-16 23:35:51

My cat went missing for ages when we first got her. She was hiding behind the washing machine.

StuckMelia Mon 18-Apr-16 23:35:55

Maybe he's under the sofa?

LurkonTAthread Mon 18-Apr-16 23:40:33

Mine managed to squeeze behind DVD player, and went into a closed cupboard through a hole in the back.

kissmelittleass Mon 18-Apr-16 23:42:06

Couldn't find our cat recently until I hear her meowing g the next morning after 24 hours missing!!

jasmine1979 Mon 18-Apr-16 23:42:07

I hope you find him soon.
This happened to our cat a few months ago. I was so worried as like your cat he is an indoor cat that doesn't really like to go outside. Nobody seemed to understand just how worried I was. I'll admit a few tears were shed! I was so worried about him being lost and confused as he's fairly old now.
Anyway he turned up after a few hours in the tumble dryer of all places. (Don't worry it wasn't switched on!) He had obviously crawled in whilst my back was turned and made a little nest in a pile of warm towels which had hidden him when I initially looked. Make sure you really investigate any piles of clothing etc
The other place my cat has hidden in before was behind some drawers that roll out from under a bed that was against a wall. He's quite a big cat, but even large cats seem able to squeeze into small spaces and get stuck sometimes. don't rule anywhere in your home out. If he hasn't come out for his food it's possible he could be stuck somewhere.
Was your front door or a window open at any point giving him the chance to go outside?
If he has managed to get outside, does he have a collar on or is he microchipped incase someone finds him?

Dontyouopenthattrapdoor Mon 18-Apr-16 23:42:53

Mine once squeezed between bed frame and mattress for a snooze. How she wasn't suffocated I'll never know.

jasmine1979 Mon 18-Apr-16 23:44:05

Just another quick thought. You don't have a chimney he could have gone up do you? Don't forget to look up in high places as well.

kissmelittleass Mon 18-Apr-16 23:44:08

Sorry hit post instead of finishing my sentence confusedWas going to say our cat fell asleep in the airing cupboard a do had shut the door! Have a look amongst the towels and bedding!

Hawkmoth Mon 18-Apr-16 23:46:59

Our cat got out of a skylight and onto the roof. It was not fun getting her back in.

0mgitsme Tue 19-Apr-16 00:17:28

Dh has now said he had back windows open for a short while, it's a two storey drop, surely not?

0mgitsme Tue 19-Apr-16 01:07:51

Couldn't sleep. Just been outside downstairs and there he was, sat on a wall looking very forlorn. No obvious damage and pleased to be home. I can breathe now. Thank you everyone

bewarethesavagejaw1984 Tue 19-Apr-16 01:12:59

I'm so pleased he is back safe and sound with you.

You can both rest easy now. smile

Quook Tue 19-Apr-16 01:22:58

That's good news.

🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now