Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sulky men

(19 Posts)
elaine26 Mon 18-Apr-16 22:07:42

AIBU to think that sulky men are a massive turn off, do is in the huff, hasn't even said hello to me since he came home at 6:30pm when he's supposed to finish work at 4:30pm, I feel like throwing something hard at his head.

What do you think?

Arfarfanarf Mon 18-Apr-16 22:17:00

I think that sulking is childish, manipulative bullshit and has no place in an adult relationship.

TheNaze73 Mon 18-Apr-16 22:21:49

Sulking, regardless of age, sex & reason is unattractive full stop

BirthdayBetty Mon 18-Apr-16 22:23:17

I can't stand sulkers, very childish.

leelu66 Mon 18-Apr-16 22:24:56

Is sulking a deal breaker?

EatShitDerek Mon 18-Apr-16 22:28:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

elaine26 Mon 18-Apr-16 22:34:26

No he's sulking eatshitderek cos we fell out yesterday, he does it quite often, my fil was the same as are the rest of his family, I'm really fed up with it...otoh at least it's quieter hahaha 😉

EatShitDerek Mon 18-Apr-16 22:35:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

elaine26 Mon 18-Apr-16 22:35:25

Ps eatshitderek he doesn't do silently pissed off he does noisy shouty pissed off 😂

elaine26 Mon 18-Apr-16 22:37:01

I did one better I went to my bed to get away from him, was nice to the DS and dd and left him to it, silent is better for dc than shouting

SabineUndine Mon 18-Apr-16 22:39:52

My dad was Sulky McSulkface. To this day I can't be arsed with sulky people.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Tue 19-Apr-16 00:47:56

My 3 year old nephew acts more mature than some sulky grumpy men I've came across, and that is said without exaggeration.

MistressDeeCee Tue 19-Apr-16 01:16:00

I can't put up with sulky for long. When it happens too often it kills the attraction for me stone dead, then thats that.

scarednoob Tue 19-Apr-16 05:20:35

It's awful. DP is mostly great but if we row (and DD is 7 months; we have had the usual sleep deprived rows over the last few months!), he has a fine line in passive aggression. eg words are had, then after a period if silence, I say I am off to waitrose, what does he want for dinner?

Nothing, of course...

Why do some men ( and I presume women) do this?! It's like going out with a hormonal hungry teenager for a couple of hours..

scarednoob Tue 19-Apr-16 05:21:42

Period OF silence. I might sulk with my stupid iPhone for always correcting me incorrectly now.

Tryingtostayyoung Tue 19-Apr-16 07:41:55

My DH used to be a terrible sulker, he has got a lot better after our DD started to copy his behaviour and directing it at him quite a few times, I pointed out to him that it was his own fault as she watched him do the same and remind him when he was sulking that he doesn't want his DD to behave like this!! Also I find it upsetting because she can tell he's being off and gets upset that were "not friends" he doesn't do it often now, can go atleast 3 months without a sulk and they only last a few hours now so maybe now it's more having some space. I think it's manipulative, off putting, childish and so infuriating.

AliceScarlett Tue 19-Apr-16 09:46:18

I absolutely cannot stand it, from men or women. I just find it so immature. If there is problem lets sort it out, if not, why are you acting like there is? Urgh.

Squirrelsmum Tue 19-Apr-16 10:07:01

DH used to be, I started to call him on it and tell him he was a fucking sook and he eventually grew out of it. Took a couple of years but he got there.

TinklyLittleLaugh Tue 19-Apr-16 10:17:26

Yep mine used to sulk, I hate sulking. I have always called him on it and he grew out of it pretty quick when he realised I wouldn't be indulging it.

He still does a bit of a tight lipped thing when he's pissed off. He's just not very good at saying, "I'm bloody pissed off Tink, let's sort this out".

I find teens very useful at pointing out when DH is being a prat; he seems to accept his unreasonableness more if it is remarked on by them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now