Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I've just cleaned DS2's teeth with dog toothpaste

(20 Posts)
StuRedman Mon 18-Apr-16 21:46:16

He didn't notice. Will it do him any harm? In my defence he keeps insisting on putting his toothbrush away in the cupboard, when we keep the rest of the toothbrushes/paste on the side. I reached into the cupboard for his toothbrush and just automatically picked up the tube beside it. It was only as he was brushing I realised it was the stuff for DPuppy.

And yes I know he should probably be going to bed earlier but he co sleeps and won't go to bed until I do unless the stars are aligned and the angels are singing

Will it have harmed him? It doesn't appear to have any different ingredients to normal toothpaste but it's not made for humans.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Mon 18-Apr-16 21:47:11

ask him...was it beefy flavour?

StuRedman Mon 18-Apr-16 21:50:24

He didn't even comment. I haven't tasted it to see what it tastes like, I was too intent on getting him into bed. Can't move now to taste it or I'll have to start bedtime again from the beginning.

NattyNatural Mon 18-Apr-16 21:52:00

No it won't do any harm, same as the food they eat wouldn't harm you

asilverraindrop Mon 18-Apr-16 22:00:18

I'm a vet. Dog toothpaste is designed not to froth, because dogs can't spit, and is usually flavoured with something like beef or chicken rather than mint for obvious reasons. Otherwise AFAIK it's much the same as human toothpaste. I wouldn't worry at all.

MadamDeathstare Mon 18-Apr-16 22:05:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

liz70 Mon 18-Apr-16 22:17:28

OP you must have been dog tired to make such a mistake. I wouldn't arf have been worried about it. Thankfully no harm done, so don't let it hound your thoughts. smile

KurriKurri Mon 18-Apr-16 22:45:21

My DBIL grew up eating a lot of dog and cat food (his parents owned a pet shop and basically didn't look after him very well sad and he ended up eating the pet kibble) anyway - it didn't appear to do him any physical harm since he's now in his sixties!

UterusUterusGhali Mon 18-Apr-16 22:51:06

His canines will be squeaky clean. grin

SistersOfPercy Mon 18-Apr-16 23:18:16

He'll be fine, give him a bonio and send him to bed.
If he brings you your slippers first thing and takes against the postman though might be best to see a vet doctor grin

StarkyTheDirewolf Mon 18-Apr-16 23:36:36

I washed my hair with medicated dog shampoo last week. I have no reason other than I clearly wasn't paying attention. But at least I'm safe from scurf for a while. It smelled just like tea tree shampoo. And I've not developed a wet nose and a waggy tail yet. I do have a lovely glossy coat though.

I should really move the shampoo our of the bathroom.

liz70 Mon 18-Apr-16 23:46:39

I'm sure lhasa people make similar howlers. We kennel sympathise, I'm setter-n.

SistersOfPercy Mon 18-Apr-16 23:49:15

Starky, you reminded me of a conversation I had with dd last week (18)
I use lush shampoo bars usually. I noticed dd's hair was lovely and soft and asked what she'd used. "The star shaped shampoo bar" she said. Only we don't have a star shaped one....

I can testify though lush rock star soap seems to leave hair lovely grin

I need to bath the dog tomorrow, maybe I should try it.

StarkyTheDirewolf Mon 18-Apr-16 23:51:54

sisters I can confirm your daughter is correct and lush rock star soap is amaaaaaaazing on hair. Snow fairy is also incredible for gorgeous smelling locks. I used to bath the dog with lush stuff, she smelled divine!

SistersOfPercy Tue 19-Apr-16 00:04:27

And I laughed at her blush
I may need to try this. Currently using a bottle of snow fairy VERY sparingly so might try that too.

As for the dog, if you see a woman with soft flowing hair and a glittery scottie so say hello!

DisappointedOne Tue 19-Apr-16 00:11:17

My sister did this to me many years ago as a practical joke.

I'm a vegetarian. confused

TheDogsCat Tue 19-Apr-16 00:59:27

I think the dog stuff has less fluoride in it than normal. ypu could always switch him to dental chews next? My dog tells me the vegetarian chews are delicious.

My family have nicked my lovingly handmade peanut butter dog biscuits before. I was told they were very nice but a bit crunchy. I had to start hiding them from the humans.

I've never used the dog shampoo though, probably because the medicated stuff is utterly foul.

StarkyTheDirewolf Tue 19-Apr-16 01:13:06

sisters ...I'm imagining this kind of thing now!

Kummerspeck Tue 19-Apr-16 01:15:50

He'll be fine, just don't let him walk near any lampposts for a while grin

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 19-Apr-16 01:43:47

Dog toothpaste is designed not to froth, because dogs can't spit Every day is a school day.

I know someone who wondered aloud to his flatmate why his tan was fading so quickly. Turns out he was using his flatmates Vanish bar to shower with. shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now