to put the blame for a&e waiting times with cbeebies?

(34 Posts)
StealthPolarBear Mon 18-Apr-16 19:00:38

(Just for the absence of doubt this is a silly thread)

It's been a few years since I watched it but iirc the most demanding thing the doc ever did was stick a plaster on. The nurse stood round and chatted. And picked up the little girl from granny Murray. One memorable episode had the doctor all stressed out because some of the hospital signs had fallen down. Is it any wonder our young people of today don't realise the strain a and e is under and think you pop in when you have a particularly bad case of the hiccups?
Or aibu? My youngest is now six, have things hotted up in whatever the place was called? Are they doing any real work yet?

cleaty Mon 18-Apr-16 19:19:47

I agree OP. And no wonder my post doesn't always come at the same time. Postman Pat taught a generation of postal workers that being a postperson, involved multiple cups of tea at people's houses, while delivering the occasional letter.

StealthPolarBear Mon 18-Apr-16 19:25:06

My grandad was a postman and tbh that's how I imagined his job. IT was pre helicopter days

Aeroflotgirl Mon 18-Apr-16 19:28:59

I was thinking that, oh the life to be a Postman, one special delivery a day, and takes PP all day to blooming deliver it, after some hiccups along the way. Oh yes, and that all doctors are like Dr Ranj, when they are not grin. Mums are probably blocking A&E, thinking they will catch a glimpse of him grin.

Catmuffin Mon 18-Apr-16 19:31:20

Yes, and on Operation Ouch on CBBC he kept calling an ambulance for things like having a spot or being in a bad mood. Very bad example. grin

StealthPolarBear Mon 18-Apr-16 19:31:36

Ooh the doc I'm thinking of is female , can't remember her name. Things have moved on in cbeebies land!

Aeroflotgirl Mon 18-Apr-16 19:33:45

Oh and PC Selby from PP, he was practically going ape over some road signs that had fallen over, and PP entering a blocked off area grin, oh if only the life of the Police was that simple.

TiredOfSleep Mon 18-Apr-16 19:38:44

In Sarah and Duck Sarah went to the doctor for a cold. And came out better! Smacks of antibiotics to me <shakes head>

Unicow Mon 18-Apr-16 19:45:48

Balamory teaches us that corner shops can survive on 3 customers a day, the police investigate lost scarecrows and jumpers and everybody loves a garish house...

CountessOfStrathearn Mon 18-Apr-16 19:47:58

"all doctors are like Dr Ranj, when they are not grin. Mums are probably blocking A&E, thinking they will catch a glimpse of him grin."

I think it must just blow children's minds away when they do come across Dr Ranj in A&E. (He is a working junior doctor as well as Cbeebies star!)

FeelingSmurfy Mon 18-Apr-16 19:51:35

How about fireman Sam, kids are getting up to all sorts of trouble safe in the knowledge that the fire fighters will save them, nevermind the poor people whose house burns down while they are off saving naughty kids!

Aeroflotgirl Mon 18-Apr-16 19:59:42

Yes I believe he's a Paeditrician, oh the belief that all Drs are like Dr Ranj, when some are bloody awful.

coffeeisnectar Mon 18-Apr-16 20:02:47

Disclaimer: Not watched cbeebies for a ling time thank God

Why has Norman not got an asbo? He may well have done since last forced to endure this utter drivel.

nephrofox Mon 18-Apr-16 20:05:17

Dr ranj is a real paediatric doctor in London (st thomas I think)

CountessOfStrathearn Mon 18-Apr-16 20:05:42

(Should also add that I've wondered about handing out balloon animals to my (adult) diabetes patients but not sure if it would have quite the same effect!)

Elledouble Mon 18-Apr-16 20:09:42

YANBU. Everyone knows you go to Duggee for a particularly bad case of hiccups.

Ratbagcatbag Mon 18-Apr-16 20:09:48

Sorry. But you're completely wrong. It's all Peppa pigs fault. On today's episode, Pedro coughed once, madam gazelle rang Dr Brown Bear (who answered immediately, no terrifying receptionists to get through) and then drove with his green light flashing straight away to give Pedro medicine. This happened on two more occasions throughout the episode too. I think it personally gives people unrealistic expectations, if the doctors don't attend/answer/respond immediately then people head to a & e. grin

Aeroflotgirl Mon 18-Apr-16 20:15:02

Oh Ratbag, I should have thought of that, one utterance of 'I am not feeling very well', Dr Brown Bear is called and come straight away.

StealthPolarBear Mon 18-Apr-16 20:15:08

What was the doc from me too called? Really bothering me now

Cheby Mon 18-Apr-16 20:16:12

Postman Pat is an absolute shambles. All day to deliver a single item which he's usually managed to lose or break and had to replace along the way. Oh, and he delivers it in a fucking helicopter. No wonder special delivery is so bloody expensive.

CarcerDun Mon 18-Apr-16 20:24:27

Why would you go to Dougie for anything, he's a knobhead. An actual Knob Head.

Look closely at Dougie and you will never see him in the same light again.

JessTitchener Mon 18-Apr-16 20:27:29

Pedro Pony breaks his leg and is hospital for a while. Is this not bed blocking?

When DD2 broke her leg we were in and out in no time, x rays, bit of plaster, crutches and we were on our way.

StealthPolarBear Mon 18-Apr-16 20:30:55

Sounds like it. Surely that's not the normal treat for a horse with a broken leg!

Felyne Mon 18-Apr-16 21:01:54

Not Cbeebies but I cringe at the amount of (fictional) taxpayers' money it must cost to dispatch the Paw Patrol to rescue that fucking stupid chicken.

Ratbagcatbag Mon 18-Apr-16 21:40:35

grin Felyne. I can't stand chickoletta or the dopey mayor. Drives me mad and is a favourite programme in this house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now