Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stag doo in Amsterdam

(326 Posts)
Pixienott0005 Mon 18-Apr-16 11:41:08

Is it me or would most other women feel unsettled about a shed loads of blokes getting rat arsed near the red light district?

MaidOfStars Mon 18-Apr-16 11:51:06

From my POV, it's you.

wannabehippyandcrazycatlover Mon 18-Apr-16 11:51:40

No. I guess it depends on how much you trust your DP/DH? I know some blokes would (and have) cheated on their partners but I trust mine implicitly although he knows I would chop his balls off if he cheated.

ReginaBlitz Mon 18-Apr-16 11:52:16

No it's not you fuck that.

WorraLiberty Mon 18-Apr-16 11:53:01

Not unless I was married to the entire shed load.

Are you worried your partner might be unfaithful?

GummyBunting Mon 18-Apr-16 11:54:38

I've managed to visit Amsterdam 4 times without shagging a prostitute once.

Your OH will be just as able to cheat on you wherever he goes. The only difference in Amsterdam is his wallet will be considerably lighter for the privilege.

Do you trust him?

Genx77 Mon 18-Apr-16 11:54:58

Yes yabu, most men are capable of having a few drinks with their mates and NOT shagging a prostitue....
If you're even slightly worried that your partner might do this then you need to question whether you should be marrying him.

molyholy Mon 18-Apr-16 11:56:09

It wouldn't bother me if my OH went to Amsterdam. I trust him implicitly, so it depends whether you trust your other half.

MargotLovedTom Mon 18-Apr-16 11:56:29

No, it personally wouldn't worry me re DH (and hasn't worried me whenever he's been there). It's not a stipulation that any man staying in Amsterdam has to visit a prostitute, or even get stoned for that matter.

Genx77 Mon 18-Apr-16 11:56:38

And me gummy! 3 visits so far and I haven't accidently fallen on a penis. (Yes, there are plenty of male prostitutes too)

Crispbutty Mon 18-Apr-16 11:56:39

If you are the bride to be, then if I were you I wouldnt be marrying a bloke who finds that sort of thing fun.

I know if my DP was invited to a stag do, he wouldnt be keen on going to something like that at all as it really isnt his thing. Hence one of the reasons he is my DP.

However if my DP did go due to it being a very close mate or relative so he didnt have a lot of choice to get out of it, I would trust him 100% as I know he would just happily get drunk and that would be it.

Although, if the stag party are a load of weed smokers, then chances are they are going there for that side of Amsterdam, which is a completely different kind of trip (in more ways that one!)

FluffyPersian Mon 18-Apr-16 11:57:58

It depends on a number of things – The only reason I’d assume that Amsterdam was chosen as a stag destination was

1.Drugs
2.Sex

I might be totally wrong, however the picture it conjures up in my mind is not a pleasant one.

If my partner said he was going to Amsterdam on a stag weekend I’d not be overly happy, however I wouldn’t ‘forbid’ it as he knows where my line is – If he goes to a strip club, our relationship would be over. It’s 100% that black and white…. We’re getting married and he knows that’s the same on HIS stag night.. I’d call off the wedding on the actual wedding day if I found out he’d been in a strip club as I feel so strongly about it – therefore I’d trust him to make his own decisions.

My friend got married… her Husband went on a stag weekend to Amsterdam, she had a Hen weekend in Nottingham (complete with ‘Robin Hood tour.. yaaaaay hmm) She was ‘cool’, she said ‘You can look but don’t touch’ , he touched… and licked.. and ate various chocolate bars out of various orifices.. all very classy, I’m sure.

When she found out, his attitude was ‘And? You’re not going to call off the wedding, are you?’ and she didn’t… and that’s how their relationship went for the next 10 years, with him promising to stop smoking dope when she got pregnant.. she got pregnant and his response was ‘So? It’s not like you’re going to have an abortion, are you?’

Tragic.

pitterpatterrain Mon 18-Apr-16 12:01:13

My DH had his stag in Amsterdam. No issue with him going.
They barely drank, had too much weed and all felt rough as not used to it. It was cold and rainy. I felt sorry for him in the end!

TheCrumpettyTree Mon 18-Apr-16 12:02:28

If he's going to cheat he'll do it regardless of where he is.

Genx77 Mon 18-Apr-16 12:03:19

Have you ever been fluffy?! That's an enormous sweeping generalisation to make about a city. I love the place, I've never taken drugs there or paid for sex.
Your friends husband sounds like a cnut, and that's got nothing to do with where he went on his stag do.

RaeSkywalker Mon 18-Apr-16 12:03:51

This honestly wouldn't even cross my mind as a concern with DH!

curren Mon 18-Apr-16 12:04:04

So you don't think your partner is capable of going away, getting drunk and not shagging a prostitute?

If he can't get drunk without shagging someone, you do realise he will do it in this country too?

greedygorb Mon 18-Apr-16 12:06:19

A friends just back from a stag do there. They just got stoned all weekend. They enjoyed themselves.

Crispbutty Mon 18-Apr-16 12:06:36

"Have you ever been fluffy?! That's an enormous sweeping generalisation to make about a city"

In fairness to Fluffy, its a stag do. They are not likely to be visiting museums, admiring the windmills, or prancing around the tulips...

VioletVaccine Mon 18-Apr-16 12:06:49

My XH went there there and I trusted him 100%. He came home, I fell pregnant not long after, and was sheepishly told I would have to get myself tested, as he'd had a "stupid lapse of judgement" angry

IMO, it doesn't matter if you trust your OH, more whether he is actually worthy of that trust.
If my lovely now DH wanted to go, I wouldn't put my foot down, but I know it would make me ill.

VioletVaccine Mon 18-Apr-16 12:07:54

Sorry, I'm probably the worst person to give my opinion on this! blush

TheCrumpettyTree Mon 18-Apr-16 12:08:13

I can't say I worried when my dh had his stag do there. In fact I think my hen was worse.

WorraLiberty Mon 18-Apr-16 12:10:20

In fairness to Fluffy, its a stag do. They are not likely to be visiting museums, admiring the windmills, or prancing around the tulips...

That doesn't automatically mean they'll be fucking prostitutes either.

Every city has a red light district. Amsterdam just happens to be rather more 'famous' for theirs.

smalllondon Mon 18-Apr-16 12:11:44

It wouldn't bother me at all. Amsterdam is a great and beautiful City and anyone can cheat anywhere if they want to. You've just got to trust that your OH doesn't want to cheat - you can't restrict where someone goes to minimise chances.

FluffyPersian - I'm interested to hear why you feel so strongly about strip clubs? I'm not being confrontational, I'm just genuinely interested in why you feel that way.

molyholy Mon 18-Apr-16 12:11:53

Some of these responses are ridiculous. Amsterdam is a beautiful city btw. Yes a stag do might not be going to see the sites, but there is plenty to do/see there. It is not Amsterdams fault that some men are cheating twats. They are cheating twats all by themselves. Like Amsterdam has some kind of special power that forces some men to shag prostitutes. Honest to god.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now