To freak out all weekend about going back to work tomorrow?

(7 Posts)
AuntieMeemz Sun 17-Apr-16 19:30:59

In a new job (that I discovered too late) was in a total mess. Now HR have told me I'm doing a bad job. They did not listen when I explained why.
I've been going over it all weekend, seeing where I've gone wrong, and there are some areas, but most of it was beyond my control.
How on earth do I go back tomorrow, knowing they all think I'm crap? I'm really stressed about it. I am too scared to do any of my work now.

Will start the new job search tomorrow though.

TheSnowFairy Sun 17-Apr-16 20:27:47

Without wanting to sound harsh, this is the third thread (at least) you've started on this job and your difficulties there.

It is not unreasonable of you to freak out but either go back and be more assertive re the help you need, or if you can afford it / it's the better option for you, don't go back.

HTH.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 17-Apr-16 21:39:00

So did HR just basically tell you were crap at your job, and not offer training and support. Doesn't seem right to me

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 17-Apr-16 21:39:35

Did they tell you where youre going wrong

Fluffyears Mon 18-Apr-16 08:39:58

Have you noted everything, if you want to keep your job you need to have a defence.

Show how it was when you started compared to now after doing work on it. Go back to them on the points raised and admit you have problems with X,y and z so can a plan be drawn up to help you get up to speed (then this places onus on them to resolve it. Also you can say you have asked for help and if it doesn't happen then that is down to them). The pints they raised that you don't agree with point out why. ' I think points s, b and c are inaccurate because....'

Stillunexpected Mon 18-Apr-16 08:56:47

AuntieMeemz, you have threads going all over the place about this job and they are all saying the same thing. Why have you started so many threads? Why can you not start one thread and focus on what people are saying to you there? Are you hoping to get different answers from all the threads or are you forgetting that you have started the others or something else?

originalmavis Mon 18-Apr-16 08:58:16

List what you need to do
Diarise it
Clean up cv

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now