To think dyson hand driers are vile...

(63 Posts)
Fluffy24 Sat 16-Apr-16 11:51:13

I am surely not the only person to find the splattering of water drops that have bounced round the inside of the drier, up into my face, (see the grubby wet puddle in the bottom of the drier), abhorrent?

I love my dyson vacuum, but can't see why anyone thinks the hand driers are nice.

MrsBobDylan Sat 16-Apr-16 11:53:39

I can't stand to see just how elastic the skin on my hands really is. I've aged and I'm blaming dyson.grin

OurBlanche Sat 16-Apr-16 11:54:35

Are you posting because of the very recent headline, eg. Using a Dyson hand dryer is like setting off a viral bomb in a bathroom ?

QuiteLikely5 Sat 16-Apr-16 11:55:24

I love them! Can't wait for the hair dryer to come out

Junosmum Sat 16-Apr-16 11:56:10

YANBU. Have you seen the recent study which says that they sprees like twice as many germs as usual hand dryers? Dyson are trying to discredit it but still, it's grim.

CodyKing Sat 16-Apr-16 11:57:03

Think they're great near the beach - blast all the sand away !!!

AliceInUnderpants Sat 16-Apr-16 11:58:35

Is that the ones you put your hands down into? Can't say I've ever had water splash up into my face confused

wasonthelist Sat 16-Apr-16 12:02:13

Yabvu if you are being splashed you aren't using it properly. Please don't kill off something we invented that is superior and yet again leave the Americans inferior technology take over. This campaign that has started recently is really unfair and not founded on any science but just ignorant people making a face like a cats bum for no good reason.

specialsubject Sat 16-Apr-16 12:04:51

Oh no ,germs. Nearly as bad as chemicals....

You arent that fragile , really. And these dryers actually work.

Fluffy24 Sat 16-Apr-16 12:06:23

Please explain how I should be using it (seriously) as I get splashed. I did wonder whether my hands were too wet but then it is a hand drier confused

MuddhaOfSuburbia Sat 16-Apr-16 12:07:36

I love them

When I'm rich I'll get a walk through one in the bathroom

ohmywhatamisaying Sat 16-Apr-16 12:08:19

Please don't kill off something we invented that is superior and yet again leave the Americans inferior technology take over.

hmm

Whole lot going on there. On a thread about hand driers.

I also think the Dyson hand driers are awful - they spatter water everywhere and I always end up holding my breath when using them to stop me breathing in the atomised water from a 1000 other people's hands.

MuddhaOfSuburbia Sat 16-Apr-16 12:08:32

Never get splashed

Put your hands in then draw em UP

ohmywhatamisaying Sat 16-Apr-16 12:09:46

Actually, is it driers or dryers? While I wrote driers, I think it's dryers. confused

purplevase Sat 16-Apr-16 12:10:14

I love them. They actually work, unlike most hand dryers. Every so often there's a thread on MN about how disgusting people are who don't wash their hands after using the loo. Unless there is a decent hand dryer (or towels) I don't. But the Dyson Airblade fits into the decent category despite what people are saying. Some weak lukewarm "blast" of air is never going to do anything.

I've never been splashed. You wash your hands, shake off excess water and then move them up and down in the dryer for 10 seconds (I think it actually takes a bit longer to get your hands dry).

ouryve Sat 16-Apr-16 12:11:13

They are both brilliant and disgusting

iwouldgoouttonight Sat 16-Apr-16 12:12:06

I am too impatient to use hand driers. The Dyson ones say they take ten seconds to dry your hands but it feels a lot longer. I get bored and walk out with damp hands. Much prefer a paper towel. Although I guess they're not very environmentally friendly.

Millionsmom Sat 16-Apr-16 12:13:57

I've not liked them since I saw a sign indicating not to put your todger in.

I wish I was joking, but I'm not. I'd thought it was an urban myth til then.

FishWithABicycle Sat 16-Apr-16 12:15:58

I walk out of the place with wet hands if there isn't a Dyson dryer there. All other dryers are useless and I've never been splashed.

EastMidsMummy Sat 16-Apr-16 12:16:19

Best hand dryers ever.

cleaty Sat 16-Apr-16 12:17:04

I love them. They actually work. And I have never had any water splashed on me from them.

Pico2 Sat 16-Apr-16 12:17:14

They always stop drying before you've got the ends of your fingers out.

TheHiphopopotamus Sat 16-Apr-16 12:18:04

I love them.

I've never been splashed by them either. I would think, if that's happening, you're either not washing your hands properly (shaking excess water off in the sink) or using the dryer properly (put your hands in and draw em up, as someone else said).

TheHiphopopotamus Sat 16-Apr-16 12:18:51

I've not liked them since I saw a sign indicating not to put your todger in

In the ladies?!! shock

Fluffy24 Sat 16-Apr-16 12:24:18

Trying to remember what I do - possibly putting hands in progressively rather than removing them progressively.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now