Talk

Advanced search

aibu to now LOVE getting up at 0630 on a saturday?

(60 Posts)
SeasonalVag Sat 16-Apr-16 06:47:09

Years of crap sleep has now got me loving my early weekends.......its like Stockholm syndrome.

I get so much done, about to paint my wall. And I'll be first in at the shops. I mourned my lie ins for years, now I'm ready for action....anybody else?!

KoalaDownUnder Sat 16-Apr-16 06:49:18

Jesus, I'd love to be like that.

How'd you get to that stage? grin

bittapitta Sat 16-Apr-16 06:50:24

Enjoy. I imagine I will when the kids are older.. I used to get up early on Saturday to go for a run while DH was having a lie in, before we had kids. Now I relish every drop of sleep. How old are yours?

wannabestressfree Sat 16-Apr-16 06:53:33

I am the same. My boys are now at the age they lie in and I am awake before six Everyday. I drink coffee, do a couple of loads of washing, organise things. I just cannot stay in bed anymore.
The downside is by ten I am nodding off on the sofa smile

PotteringAlong Sat 16-Apr-16 06:56:27

No. Mine are still at the age where they wake me and I'm reading stories with one eye open at 6am.

I'm hoping your way of thinking will come. Although I'm hoping that we'll all just sleep longer more grin

curren Sat 16-Apr-16 06:58:22

Yanbu. I naturally wake up between 5 & 6 everyday.

I love it. Get to watch what I want on TV. It's nice and quiet. Get loads done.

ShowOfHands Sat 16-Apr-16 07:02:48

Yep. I'm on the cusp of enjoying it myself. I'm up and I've already cleaned the kitchen and filed some paperwork. I'm going to do a workout now and then have a bath. The smallest has appeared but he's face down in his breakfast and needs little input. The others won't emerge until 9ish. That includes DH.

Roystonv Sat 16-Apr-16 07:03:56

Used to love that time on my own getting the day started before the madness of daily life began but recently the feeling stopped and I stay in bed as long as possible now, good thing the dc are grown and gone!

ChipperCharlie Sat 16-Apr-16 07:04:23

Same with the waking, but I just sit and enjoy the silence.

Passthecake30 Sat 16-Apr-16 07:06:13

I'm up, catching up on work (and mumsnet!), couldn't sleep and kids won't be up until 8. Will be sparko by 10...and it starts againblush

ArriettyMatilda Sat 16-Apr-16 07:07:03

I would love to be like this. Dd woke me at about six to feed back to sleep, her and dp are sound asleep next to me and I'm wide awake. But it's too early to get up! Even though I have work at 9, I always get up at the last possible minute. I've been laying here thinking I should relish the opportunity for a leisurely breakfast, but I keep hoping I'll go back to sleep. I'll think of you next time I'm awake early and force myself out of bed.

var123 Sat 16-Apr-16 07:10:36

4:45am today. The only problem is the challenge to stay awake with the other grown ups after 10pm.

topcat2014 Sat 16-Apr-16 07:15:00

I like to come down on my own about now - having listened to a bit of farming today.

Half an hour to waste on the internet before anyone else is up.

Currently watching sleet falling from the sky.

SeasonalVag Sat 16-Apr-16 07:15:42

My kids are 3 &6, so I'd not be awake if it wasn't for them, but meh, its not all bad! I was an angry birch getting woken up originally....but about a year ago, something clicked.
Might go and wake up DH in an hour for some hanky panky, another thing checked off my list! after 10pm I'm dead!

DesertOrDessert Sat 16-Apr-16 07:17:35

Yes, because 6.30 is a lie in sad

frumpet Sat 16-Apr-16 07:18:29

I generally wake between 5 and 6 depending on when the cat feels hungry , so this morning it was 5.15 ! I like mooching about with no-one around , knowing I don't have to get everyone up and out , this is the only time of the day I watch TV , get my news fix. Don't do many jobs as don't want to wake the 'others' smile

frumpet Sat 16-Apr-16 07:20:27

topcat where are you ? clear blue sky here but chilly as I discovered when I nipped out for a quick fag !

ToniMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 16-Apr-16 07:22:01

I'm always up early for work on the weekends. Just wish my wee ones would lie in a bit so I could enjoy the peace a little more.

Looby4 Sat 16-Apr-16 07:22:03

Me too, I deliberately get up at 5.30 (waking naturally). Get loads done and peace and quiet until 4 DC get up and interrupt it!

RumAppleGinger Sat 16-Apr-16 07:22:19

I loved getting up at 6.30am this morning because DS2 is usually awake for the day by 4.30 so I was delighted for the extra two hours!

PeppaIsMyHero Sat 16-Apr-16 07:22:27

I sent DS back to bed at 6am when he came in wanting the iPad...only to find that I couldn't get back to sleep. Gave it 15 minutes then went and got him and we're now snuggled up together (well, him on the iPad and me on the laptop!).

I don't love being woken up so early, but I do enjoy just hanging out in the same space before the day starts.

SeasonalVag Sat 16-Apr-16 07:22:29

I'm a fagger too, frumpet....that an a coffee I'm raring to go. Anybody waking before six totally has my sympathies....as India knight Said in the ST last week, it's "brutalising "

donajimena Sat 16-Apr-16 07:23:50

I'm a lark too. I have been since the children were tiny. They'd be asleep and Id get up around 6.30 to have peace and quiet before they wake up.

blueskyinmarch Sat 16-Apr-16 07:24:45

Hello my people! I can’t look at threads about couple who argue about lie ins or who complain about people cutting grass/allowing their kids to plays out before 10am at the weekend, as to me 10am is late morning.

I am already up and have been for a long walk with the dog. The weather is generally better first thing and the birds and wildlife are all out in abundance.

I do agree though that the downside is that i also go to bed early as i am tired by 9pm.

whatamidoinghereanyway Sat 16-Apr-16 07:26:56

I'm the same! Wake naturally early every day and I'm asleep by 10pmgrin

However I'm different in the fact that morning time on a Saturday is not for jobs. I either read, surf the net, got for a run/walk and mess around with make up until the kids wake up. Ahhhhhhh bliss!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now