Advanced search

To find this annoying - FB

(19 Posts)
sepa Thu 14-Apr-16 11:33:27

Where girls (and yes on my friends it is always girls) put a status up
"I'm so fucked off"
"Karma is a bitch and so are you"
"Feeling heartbroken"
So you read the comments to find people asking what it wrong and the person to say they don't want to discuss it on FB and a whole load of their possy to be like "inbox me babe"

Just tell us already. I am too nosey (especially since going on Mat leave) to not find out the cause of the status. If you don't want to discuss it just inbox your babes friends in the beginning

19lottie82 Thu 14-Apr-16 11:35:56

Well you know what the solution here is, don't you?

sepa Thu 14-Apr-16 11:39:00

I do hide people who do this or delete them. I just don't see why people do it? Surely most people find it annoying?

PaulAnkaTheDog Thu 14-Apr-16 11:41:30

I'll be honest op; it's insanely annoying when people do that. However, the constant threads being posted about it are just as insanely annoying. grin

Please use the Facebook topic people!

sepa Thu 14-Apr-16 11:43:05

There's a Facebook topic?

Oysterbabe Thu 14-Apr-16 11:45:03

I have a zero tolerance policy for this and immediately unfriend.

JuneBuggy Thu 14-Apr-16 11:52:50

Yanbu, it drives me insane. I hate those attention seeking ones too "X checked into Y Hospital", cue 30 comments of "omg are you ok hun?" only for the person to reply with something extremely mundane like "yeah, just visiting Z" or "yeah, just having a check up" STOP IT! angry

Kingsizecrochetblanket Thu 14-Apr-16 12:09:06

Vaguebooking. I hate drama Queens.
I've only got one left that's not hidden from my timeline.

MartinaJ Thu 14-Apr-16 14:31:12

I think it's called attention seeking drama queens. I only have one like that. The other removed me from her friends circle because I tended to disagree with her opinions she was preaching like it was Holy Scripture.

BillBrysonsBeard Thu 14-Apr-16 16:01:47

Yep it's one of the worst facebook offences grin They just want the attention. Or to vent frustration and get support without being confrontational in naming the offender. It is annoying but the people who do this type of thing also don't really care what others think.

HirplesWithHaggis Thu 14-Apr-16 16:11:53

I have one of these on my timeline. I'm actually very fond of her, but her life is a total carcrash at the moment. I don't respond to such posts, but usually get the background from a third party.

Or she turns up on my doorstep at stupid o'clock (think early hours of the morning rather than after 9pm) and spends cocaine-fuelled hours giving me all the gruesome details...

Fortunately I am able to accommodate these hours every now and then, and I do feel I help her some, so it's not all bad.

CigarsofthePharoahs Thu 14-Apr-16 16:17:51

I used to have someone with the opposite problem. Constantly posting long winded "pity me" posts with big chunks of their medical history. I unfollowed them when they got a taste for those pointless quizzes and it filled most of my news feed that day.

EverySongbirdSays Thu 14-Apr-16 16:21:50

U OK HUN???

I had one who was forever at vague yet slightly aggressive statuses about being stabbed in the back and true colours and real friends etc etc.

For a while I bought in to the inbox me cycle but needless to say I haven't met up with her by choice in years and have her muted.

Is inbox me still a thing? This was going on in 2009 I thought most people had stopped now.

The worst one for me was when a friend commented on the status of a woman I did not know who was going through a very public and acrimonious split - all kinds of things were being said and my friend stepped in to say it wasn't appropriate - despite them being strangers I was able to see the whole thing. People do need to take more care what they post.

EverySongbirdSays Thu 14-Apr-16 16:23:23

God Pharoahs I also have one who bores on relentlessly about a specific medical condition

sepa Thu 14-Apr-16 17:18:24

I have a guy mate who is hilarious and will write on other guys statuses if they are having a moan about something crap like football and will write 'inbox me hun'
He makes me chuckle

TattyDevine Thu 14-Apr-16 17:29:02

Ugh. I have one who is such an attention seeker, he's a 40 something year old male. On the weekend he got clipped by a car, which is awful, and hurt his leg a bit. Checking into hospital, and the "clipped by a car" became endless status updates and photos of bandages on legs with various "thanks to those who had my back when I got run over" etc etc. Run over? The car ran over you? No, didn't think so.

That's pretty much been milked for all it's worth so now it's a picture of a diabetic child with a months worth of needles stuck in her with him saying "welcome to my world" (except he's type 2, not a type one child but obviously I still have sympathy for his condition)...

I'd hide or defriend but then I'd have nothing to bitch about...

thecatsarecrazy Thu 14-Apr-16 17:43:35

This

sepa Thu 14-Apr-16 18:19:54

I have stolen this picture catsarecrazy

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Thu 14-Apr-16 18:30:12

I've heard it called Vaguebooking

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now