Talk

Advanced search

To think I should be refunded?

(10 Posts)
suchafuss Thu 14-Apr-16 11:18:46

University end of year ball. Go to buy a ticket and start time shown as 8pm. Then four days before the event we are told to arrive at 6.30 and dinner served at 7pm.

I live in the next town and most of the group are on placement until 5-5.30 so will not have time to go home, change and get back in time (several students live in different towns). Also problems in rearranging child care etc.

We have spoken to the students union to get refunds to be told that all they can do is pass our details on if someone still wants to buy a ticket and arrange a private sale.

AIBU in thinking its their mistake and we should be refunded?

Quimby Thu 14-Apr-16 12:12:34

Yes 100%

theyve changed a fundamental part of the contract unilaterally

KoalaDownUnder Thu 14-Apr-16 12:16:16

YADNBU!

Tell them it's breach of contract and you want your money back!

whois Thu 14-Apr-16 12:19:11

Can you get changed in the toilets at placement and go straight to the ball?

MsMims Thu 14-Apr-16 12:20:10

Yes, you should be refunded.

How did you pay?

suchafuss Thu 14-Apr-16 12:29:22

Paid with card. So disappointed in the whole thing. Spent a lot of time writing a nominations for our society and one of our members and now we won't even be there!

MsMims Thu 14-Apr-16 15:22:01

In that case you can request a chargeback from your bank. I've had money refunded that way before. Worth a call?

Littleallovertheshop Thu 14-Apr-16 22:56:49

Depends though, often thrre will be a clause in the terms and conditions stating these things can change. But it is v bad form of them to change it - 630 is far too early!

OwlinaTree Thu 14-Apr-16 22:59:28

Is there dancing etc afterwards? Don't you want to go to that bit, that's the best bit surely?

VegasIsBest Fri 15-Apr-16 07:03:21

It would be a shame to miss the party. Can't you all find a way to get there for 7? For example, Ask if you could leave work 30 mins early and then get changed in the town where the ball is? Either at a friend's place or club together and get a cheap hotel room to change in?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now