Talk

Advanced search

To send a text instead of face to face

(7 Posts)
Diggersandcranes Wed 13-Apr-16 23:27:33

We have new neighbours that like to have their TV loud, cinema style booming, often late into the night. In fact I am listening to it now trying to get to sleep and feeling sleep deprived and very annoyed.
Never had the slightest issue with our previous neighbours over the two years they lived there.
The other night I had to get up from my bed at about 1am to knock on their door and politely ask them to turn it down because the booming action film effect sounds were not only stopping me from sleeping but also my two year old.
Since then they have turned the tv down but I can still hear it and it's still very much bothering me. Driving me insane in fact. They watch a lot of tv.
Recently the guy gave us his mobile phone number due to an issue with the dividing wall which we have amicably sorted but since then the tv noise seems to be creeping up again and now I am thinking I really cannot face to go round there again.
Am I AIBU (or even passive aggressive) to just text him this time and write a carefully worded note about the issue we are still having? It's really getting me down I feel sleep deprived as it is.

ForTheSakeOfFuck Wed 13-Apr-16 23:30:33

Any chance you can get one of them to pop over late on when their TV is going full blast?

TheBouquets Wed 13-Apr-16 23:32:00

I think I would soldier through tonight and speak to them in the morning or whenever you and they are at home. It may be a case of changing the direction of the speakers to face away from your property. They have already shown their willingness to co-operate with you by turning down the tv.

Diggersandcranes Wed 13-Apr-16 23:40:09

Good idea about the speaker suggestion. The tv is on the adjoining wall. We do have thin walls but our previous neighbour also had their tv on the wall and we didn't hear it at all. You would have had to put your ear to the wall to even hear it slightly. Not that I made a habit of doing that.!

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Wed 13-Apr-16 23:44:58

I'd have already texted.

Diggersandcranes Wed 13-Apr-16 23:48:08

things like this can topple you over he edge I think especially when you have a million other life issues on your plate and all you want is some peace and sleep. Now they are shouting. FFS.

TheBouquets Thu 14-Apr-16 00:28:16

Oh heavens sounds like you are going to have a more "exciting" life with these new neighbours. Or maybe the previous neighbours were exceptionally quiet. If the noise is still going on maybe you should contact the Noise Dept of Environ= mental Health at your council out of hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now