Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be jealous of DH being toddlers favourite

(9 Posts)
CreepyPasta Wed 13-Apr-16 21:25:03

Petty I know but it is so frustrating. 2 year old daughter adores DH to the point where I am starting to feel like I might aswell not exist (self pitying I know). We both work full time, although I work weekends so she does have slightly more time with DH. But why? Why am I the mean wicked witch when I wash her hair but she loves it when daddy does it? Why do I get kicked out of bed when she's poorly and needs cuddles and only daddy will do. Days off when DH is at work and all I hear for 10 hours is 'daddy'

sad

Amy214 Wed 13-Apr-16 22:04:56

My dd is the exact same with my mum, she will run to her first if shes hurt, she always wants cuddles from her and if she leaves the room all i hear is 'nanny where are you?' i have learned to get used to it i know she just loves her nanny smile

KatyN Wed 13-Apr-16 22:19:41

Have another child and then you can be their favourite!! This has happened to me, my son is 5 and a massive dadd: boy. Baby girl of 3 months freaks out if she can't see me at any time.
K

Oysterbabe Wed 13-Apr-16 22:27:55

I'm sure you'll come back into favour. All DD wants is me but I know that will change.

Xenadog Wed 13-Apr-16 22:49:01

This sounds exactly like our set up. I don't mind at all as it means DP is always shouted for when she's woken up in the night, is kicking off and needs a 'daddy cuddle' or wants to be carried when we go on a walk.

My DP is much softer on DD than I am so I think this is why he is flavour of the month.

If I have a chunk of time with DD alone she then wants me all of the time and I find that so wearing!

YoJesse Wed 13-Apr-16 23:13:07

Do you know just how excruciatingly exhausting being the favourite is?? It's not fun and it's riddled with guilt. Seriously I hate it every day. Trying to get 3yr old ds to engage in any way with dh. I come back from work and the boy launches himself at me
It's not cute it's wearing. I could go on and on

wigglebum84 Wed 13-Apr-16 23:17:43

I think it's cute, DC1 age 10 favours DH and I wind them up about it but I love it. DC2 favours me smile. It's nit something I can get worked up about tbh.

CreepyPasta Wed 13-Apr-16 23:24:30

xenadog that is a benefit I agree! yojesse I appreciate the exhaustion but I wouldn't mind it every now and then

YoJesse Wed 13-Apr-16 23:45:51

Sorry I didn't mean to sound shitty. just wish ds and dh had a better relationship as it would take the heat off me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now