Talk

Advanced search

...to not wear pantyliners often?

(186 Posts)
cinnamonorange Wed 13-Apr-16 17:36:49

This just occurred to me (for absolutely no reason other than being bored in the loo)...do people actually wear them all the time? I only wear them for the tail-end of my period, and then go without until the next one. Is that normal, or am I gross?

hejsvejs Wed 13-Apr-16 17:37:34

I never wear them, maybe it's more for people with lots of discharge?

newnameoldstart Wed 13-Apr-16 17:38:01

I never wear them either.

YoJesse Wed 13-Apr-16 17:38:39

They're just for the end bit of a period I thought. If you change your knickers daily I don't see the point.

Whisky2014 Wed 13-Apr-16 17:41:16

That's the point of them isn't it? I only use for beginning and end of period.

PetrolBastard Wed 13-Apr-16 17:43:39

I remember an old thread on MN where the subject of how many knicker changes people have a day was hotly discussed.

People were saying up to three times a day!

cinnamonorange Wed 13-Apr-16 17:47:07

Oh good! Thinking about it, my mum always used to have industrial quantities of the things lying around (and even now, decades past menopause) - maybe that's what's always intimidated me smile

Fluffyears Wed 13-Apr-16 17:47:22

I think they'd just cause thrush if you wore them all the time. You have to let the bits breathe a bit.

AliceInUnderpants Wed 13-Apr-16 17:48:19

Could she be using them for slight incontinence or discharge reasons?

I wear incontinence pads daily. I'm 32 sad

Onlyconnect Wed 13-Apr-16 17:49:07

I use them sometimes when wearing trousers so I have to wash them less often but I think I am someone who gets quite a bit of discharge. Also might use one if I'm going out straight from work then take it out so knickers feel clean.

Onlyconnect Wed 13-Apr-16 17:49:19

I use them sometimes when wearing trousers so I have to wash them less often but I think I am someone who gets quite a bit of discharge. Also might use one if I'm going out straight from work then take it out so knickers feel clean.

LiquoriceAllsorts86 Wed 13-Apr-16 17:49:26

I wear them most days.

I don't really know why, it's something I've always done.

I feel cleaner, I suppose.

fieldfare Wed 13-Apr-16 17:52:06

Only the day I expect my period to arrive and then at the end of my period.
I get a bit sore if I wear them too frequently. Oh and don't get me started on the scented ones! Thrush in a packet.

Lazyafternoon Wed 13-Apr-16 17:52:15

All through the month, why?! I thought that was just on the adverts where they're stranded on a desert island with only one pair of pants but an endless supply of panty liners...!

I'm just a start and end of period or tampon back up type user.

WhitePhantom Wed 13-Apr-16 17:54:04

I only wear them when I have to - expecting period, or at the end of it. I find they make down below kind of sweaty and whiffy blush

CarsonTheButler Wed 13-Apr-16 17:55:08

I lived in a very humid climate for many years and found they made a big difference to how fresh I felt during the day and it was also easier to swap a panty liner out at work than change your underwear.
Don't live in the same place now but still wear them, probably more out of habit than actual need, but I do prefer to use one than not. Never had thrush.

cinnamonorange Wed 13-Apr-16 17:55:46

Sorry Alice - that sucks sad

Fairylea Wed 13-Apr-16 17:57:58

I wear them if I have a cold as when I sneeze I wee myself a little bit blushblush

trinity0097 Wed 13-Apr-16 17:58:28

I do, as I have no warning or idea when things will happen, so need to be safe just in case! (E.g. Had a bleed on Monday 2.5 weeks since my last event!)

I use the always long ones, but have to open a pack to let them air a month before I want them for the strong fake smell to disappear!!!

OddSocksHighHeels Wed 13-Apr-16 17:59:04

I don't use them at all and I have fairly heavy discharge. When I have used sanitary towels or panty liners then it starts to rub and seems to flare up Bartholin cysts for some reason. I change my knockers every day so I can't see how it's unhygienic.

pearlylum Wed 13-Apr-16 18:00:39

I never wear them. In the summer months when I wear a dress or a skirt I don't wear knickers either. I like the fresh air.

dementedpixie Wed 13-Apr-16 18:03:34

I wear them daily as I can be a bit moist. Mirena coil probably contributes to that too

cinnamonorange Wed 13-Apr-16 18:03:50

trinity how annoying! I'm regular as clockwork, but on my wedding day during the ceremony (slap bang in between two periods) I had the bleed to end all bleeding. Wearing all white. Argh!

SausageSmuggler Wed 13-Apr-16 18:04:53

I wear them all the time. I just feel cleaner and have never had a problem with thrush.

CarsonTheButler Wed 13-Apr-16 18:05:36

The country where I live now is obsessed with (supposed) fanjo hygiene and particularly douches. The array of products for this in any supermarket or pharmacy is dazzling. There are at least five brands of fanjo wash that come in several different scents each, plus loads of other stuff (deodorant, sprays etc) which frighten the life out of me. Panty liners seem quite tame compared to all that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now