Talk

Advanced search

To have a little cry..

(5 Posts)
MrsSparkles Wed 13-Apr-16 12:00:39

Well I know I'm not but honestly some people. I'm 8 months pregnant and have rather a large bump I may be having a baby whale. Most people have been very good about saying oh no you're not that big, you can't even see from the back etc.

Went to work today and a colleague I haven't seen for a few weeks saw me and shrieked how huge I was and how I'd put on so much weight - gee thanks! Usually things like this don't bother me at all (with DD1 I was tiny and had people commenting how little I was), but why would you say that, it's just rude!

PeppaIsMyHero Wed 13-Apr-16 12:12:56

S/he is an idiot. Or just totally unaware of what it's like to be pregnant.

Once you've finished crying, settle down and eat some cake. And then think about the beautiful baby you're going to be able to enjoy all summer!

cautiousoptimist1 Wed 13-Apr-16 12:17:10

Oh please don't cry, people are idiots and for some reason feel that pregnancy gives them free reign to comment.

I'm 7 months and had 2 people comment on the same day last week - 1 to tell me how tiny I was and they cant believe I'm due in June and the other to say I look massive.

wannabehippyandcrazycatlover Wed 13-Apr-16 13:51:18

Before I was pregnant I would say 'wow you are huge' and not think anything of it, I certainly wasn't trying to be hurtful or offensive. However, when I was pregnant and someone said I was massive etc. I cried EVERYTIME.

People don't mean to be hurtful with their comments, they just don't think. Have some thanksbrewcake and put your feet up!!

PricklyHodgeheg Wed 13-Apr-16 14:13:22

I have no idea why people think it's OK to comment on pregnant peoples size. It's just as rude as commenting on anyone else's weight!

I was told I was both really big and really small at different times during my pregnancies. And my -bitch of a- MIL kept telling me I was having an enormous baby angry

As long as your midwife says your bump is normal/healthy then that's all that matters. You are doing something amazing... you are growing your very own tiny little person! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now