Talk

Advanced search

To decide whether I've had enough to drink?

(16 Posts)
MargotsDevil Mon 11-Apr-16 22:11:53

It's my DDads birthday. I've had a few drinks (couple of glasses of wine and a couple of long drinks) which may have gone to my head slightly not had much to eat today but am I unreasonable to think at 40+ I'm capable of choosing for myself whether I should have another or not? DP seems to have appointed himself as the booze police hmm

OMGBabyNo3 Mon 11-Apr-16 22:16:53

If my DP said that I'd probably have another drink just to make a point but that's me!
Do you have issues with alcohol?
Do you drink v regularly? Are you a right royal pain in the arse when you've had a few? Have you got something massively important on tomorrow that he's trying to save you from feeling rough for? If no to all of the above have another, sod him and cheers! 🍸

travellinghopefully12 Mon 11-Apr-16 22:32:39

I'm not sure. I have trouble stopping drinking once I get into the flow as it were, especially in a social situation where I may be nervous. Are you like that, or do you know your own limits? It's entirely about the individual. I get annoyed at the time when my partner or a friend says I've had enough, but looking back on times when this happened they were probably right.

MargotsDevil Mon 11-Apr-16 22:34:11

Definitely no to all above! On holiday this week, in the last couple of months I've probably had a total of 20 units so not really any way you could describe that as a drink problem! I ignored and have another drink now smile

OMGBabyNo3 Mon 11-Apr-16 23:19:08

Well cheers and have a lovely night then!

Leeds2 Mon 11-Apr-16 23:21:41

Enjoy your drink! And then have another ......

MargotsDevil Tue 12-Apr-16 00:00:10

Thanks all. Was just a bit hmmespecially as I'm on holiday tomorrow! I definitely enjoyed my last couple grin

BillSykesDog Tue 12-Apr-16 00:03:28

When you say you're on holiday tomorrow are you going away? Flying? Driving? Taking kids? I must say I wouldn't be massively impressed with DH having a hangover if we had a big day's travelling ahead.

BillSykesDog Tue 12-Apr-16 00:03:52

Plus hangovers on planes are the worst.

Alisvolatpropiis Tue 12-Apr-16 00:06:30

Yanbu

Bill I think the op means she's off work tomorrow rather than going on holiday.

SaucyJack Tue 12-Apr-16 00:08:45

Unless that OP took you 1/2 hour to type out, from what I can tell from here you don't seem to be so pissed you should have stopped immediately.

Is your DH always that much fun at parties?

BillSykesDog Tue 12-Apr-16 00:15:22

In that case fair dos. Have one for me wine. I can't I'm pregnant.

Penguinepenguins Tue 12-Apr-16 00:21:32

If you can type straight your fine xx

Penguinepenguins Tue 12-Apr-16 00:23:20

bills hangovers on planes are HELL

BillSykesDog Tue 12-Apr-16 00:36:57

Tell me about it. I get the fears and convince myself we're going to crash. NEVER AGAIN.

MargotsDevil Wed 13-Apr-16 19:38:15

Just noticed these replies, sorry! Think I was just a bit annoyed, and think he was probably just jealous that he had work to go to whilst I could sleep in! Definitely not getting on a plane, sadly - I'd have been on the soft drinks if so as I can't imagine wanting to get on a plane or travel anywhere much hungover!

Think it was more that I'd had a few on an empty stomach before the meal. I did slow down slightly so all well! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now