Talk

Advanced search

To feel insecure knowing this

(5 Posts)
Princesslucky1 Mon 11-Apr-16 16:42:35

Got chatting to my brother the other day about relationships in general and people who cheat... We started talking about a friend of his and a cousin of my dh who we all know cheated regularly before he got wed.. I was saying I'm sure he never does now bla bla, he was like oh did ur dh not tell you the crack with him.. He basically went of with another woman on his honeymoon while his wife was sick in bed!!! My dh knew this but choose not to tell me prob cos I would go mad!
This same fella goes to London a few times a year and hires women to attend to his needs! His always trying to get dh to go but his only gone once with a big group of them.
I just feel sick knowing all this, his wife is stunning and really lovely and doesn't have a clue from what I know.
Anyway then my bro started on about that women are so naive and started naming out loads of people I know who have cheated on stag nights etc... It just makes me sick.. I trust dh but gosh the conversation has really made me think!!

Trills Mon 11-Apr-16 21:19:13

Your brother clearly does not move in very nice circles.

Are these people your friends too?

Princesslucky1 Mon 11-Apr-16 21:40:32

No not really friends just people I know.

SeaMagic Mon 11-Apr-16 21:47:19

Agree with Trills

I know cheating happens, both men and women actually, but I wouldn't say it is the norm.

Maybe that's naïve of me but I really don't think it's something that the majority of my boring, middle-aged social circle indulge in...

VoldysGoneMouldy Mon 11-Apr-16 21:58:53

I accidentally came across my mum's diary as a teen, and read a sentence in it which said my dad had had at least one affair. People do cheat. Lots of people cheat, with everything between a fumble in a toilet, and months and years of sleeping with someone else. And those people carry on leading normal, happy, family lives whilst it's happening. It happens a lot more than we are publicly aware of, I think.

That said, it sounds like your brother and the circles he moves with are not the best to judge humanity by.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now