Talk

Advanced search

To find farts funny!

(117 Posts)
PricklyHodgeheg Sat 09-Apr-16 20:45:07

My DP and I disagree about whether farts are funny! I find them funny and giggle about them along with the DCs, immature I know grin DP doesn't find them even remotely funny and tells the kids off for doing it (and I can never keep a straight face and he gets cross at me for undermining him!).
Are farts funny in your house?

NeedACleverNN Sat 09-Apr-16 20:46:03

Farts are very funny in this house

Especially since I pull them off better than dh does

MingZillas Sat 09-Apr-16 20:47:07

Yep definitely! I know you'll get mixed responses to this!

FrankiesKnuckle Sat 09-Apr-16 20:51:42

Does anyone else feel quite disappointed when you drop an absolute corker and no one is around to appreciate or score it?

grin

ShowOfHands Sat 09-Apr-16 20:52:36

Neither one of you is wrong. I'm in your DH's camp. It's embarrassing and the dc are encouraged to say excuse me. It's not funny.

However, I know people who find it the height of hilarity.

Just different opinions.

Woodenmouse Sat 09-Apr-16 20:53:07

Hilarious!! Everyonei n our house is very windy

Thisismyalias Sat 09-Apr-16 20:54:28

Ooh a good long fart is both relieving and funny grin

Especially if you walk along and drop a zinger.

CockacidalManiac Sat 09-Apr-16 20:55:15

I'm sure one of the constants throughout human history (and prehistory), is that people laugh at farts.

ClopySow Sat 09-Apr-16 20:59:38

Farts are a constant source joy and hillarity in this house. I'm best at them.

Vixxfacee Sat 09-Apr-16 21:01:09

Not funny at all. Quite strange that people would find stinking air being pushed out of your anus funny!

bloodyteenagers Sat 09-Apr-16 21:02:04

I woke up really farty today. They are constant.
Up and down the stairs. Walking along (had headphones on giggling like a loon). Sitting. Standing... Now I am fed up, 12 farting hours later.
Normally I find them funny. Especially the silent and toxic ones.
Now I just want it to end.

StarkyTheDirewolf Sat 09-Apr-16 21:05:10

I'm nearly 30, dsis is 24, farts are hilarious, our mother despairs.

(I'm early pregnant and Dh has commented that I'm 90% gas and 10% sass.)

Gingefringe Sat 09-Apr-16 21:05:36

My MIL is the best farter in our family - the walking ones when going upstairs in particular. My DH did a really loud fart in the cinema when we went to see Schindler's List a few years ago - it was hilarious.

Mishaps Sat 09-Apr-16 21:06:37

Farts are funny. If you have a pre-schooler, buy them a book called Noisy Bottoms - it is one of those press-the-button books that make sounds - enough said! Little boys in particular seem to find it hilarious.

justdontevenfuckingstart Sat 09-Apr-16 21:08:33

I try not to fart but oh is really impressed and finds it hilarious when he does an impressive one and I get caught up laughing with him. We do have deep conversations about when we've had an emotional poo however.

HooseRice Sat 09-Apr-16 21:10:17

My Granda was in his final days and in a coma. It was very sad obv. We were all at his bedside waiting for the end. He did a loud fart, properly laughed, then died shortly afterwards. It still makes me smile to think that even at that stage he found farts funny.

SalemSaberhagen Sat 09-Apr-16 21:12:29

I cannot understand what's funny about them. I find it really childish to laugh at them - it actually irritates me, which is an extreme response I know. Perhaps it is the shit particles, but if I ever hear someone do it, it makes the person genuinely repulsive to me for a moment.

The only exception is 18 month old DD who says 'oo my BUM' after each one, which makes me laugh.

usual Sat 09-Apr-16 21:13:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AllisonWonderland Sat 09-Apr-16 21:14:51

I generally find them funny, especially when they happen at inappropriate times. The exception is my husbands - they used to amuse me but he drops them all the time and they're stinky and wet sounding so they've transcended any notion of amusement and entered into the realm of 'do you have to?' (inevitably followed by bickering about 'what else am I supposed to do?').

JenniferYellowHat1980 Sat 09-Apr-16 21:14:52

Farts are great. My DM disapproved and never publicly farted, but that backfired as we all find them hilarious (my nearest DB in age and I particularly, and I'm sure that's because due to us farting wasn't as taboo for the younger two).

I admit to being scared of going to a yoga class though, because I would undoubtedly fart, but worse still I would get the giggles of someone else did.

Fruitypebbles Sat 09-Apr-16 21:15:18

I don't find them funny, but it's a fact of life. Farting should be normal! Everybody does it!

CakeNinja Sat 09-Apr-16 21:15:27

Yabu!
Obviously they are a natural bodily function and everyone does it.
But I don't find it any funnier than a sneeze or a yawn.
I actually feel a bit disgusted if dp does a really loud one and laughs - it's gross. I don't want to smell his arse gas.
The DC aren't applauded or scolded for farting, of course not. It's a non event.

Floggingmolly Sat 09-Apr-16 21:15:53

Loud farting in the cinema is hilarious??

TheNumberfaker Sat 09-Apr-16 21:16:06

Hoose, that is a lovely story. My family loves farts, DH thinks they are revolting. Our girls definitely take after me and my mum.

NewYearNewToads Sat 09-Apr-16 21:16:29

hmm

Haven't you started a thread about this before, OP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now