to want the sleb twaddle board GONE?

(339 Posts)
Empressa Sat 09-Apr-16 08:40:50

It encourages the worst sort of nasty, libellous speculation, creepy fan obsessing and vicious gossip mongering.

It is inhabited by the type of posters who would feel very comfortable on the Sidebar of Shame.

It is not in the spirit of the mumsnet site - celebrities are parents too and it is in no way a happy and supportive place.

AIBU to think that it is surplus to the requirements of Mumsnet and shouldn't be there?

MelanieCheeks Sat 09-Apr-16 08:42:08

Why do you go there?

Queenbean Sat 09-Apr-16 08:43:15

Not this, again hmm

How about, if you don't like a board, don't go there, don't read the threads and look elsewhere. There are bajillions of other threads to read, you don't have to like everything

Thisismyalias Sat 09-Apr-16 08:43:24

Yabu

Different strokes for different folks.

nancy75 Sat 09-Apr-16 08:43:42

Just don't look at it.

StarlingMurmuration Sat 09-Apr-16 08:43:56

I didn't even know we had a sleb twaddle board. If you're not interested, don't read it.

Sparklingbrook Sat 09-Apr-16 08:46:24

Hide the whole topic. YABU

AppleSetsSail Sat 09-Apr-16 08:46:32

Ditto - didn't know we had it.

Has the sleb board ruled on the threesome super-injunction?

SanityClause Sat 09-Apr-16 08:47:18

I have it hidden. I never read Hello or OK or whatever, even at the GP or the hairdresser. I don't watch the Kardashians, or TOWIE, or the like. I'm just not interested in that kind of thing.

Some people like it, though. So, let them crack on! How boring life would be if we were all the same!

Empressa Sat 09-Apr-16 08:47:39

It comes up in active.

No where else on this site is nasty, baseless speculation about real, identifiable people allowed to stand.

LetThereBeCupcakes Sat 09-Apr-16 08:47:43

If they get rid of the board, people will just start the posts in chat. Just hide the board.

Empressa Sat 09-Apr-16 08:48:35

The posts with identifiable people in them should be deleted. So if they were started in Chat, they wouldn't hang about for long.

Empressa Sat 09-Apr-16 08:49:04

Plus all that Larry stuff is just attracting nutjobs.

Sparklingbrook Sat 09-Apr-16 08:49:33

If you hide the topic threads on it won't come up on Active.

Sparklingbrook Sat 09-Apr-16 08:50:20

The Larry stuff has all gone now.

HotPotatoOrchestraStalls Sat 09-Apr-16 08:51:13

surplus to the requirements of Mumsnet

Surplus to whose requirements? What are 'the requirements of mumsnet' anyway? confused

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sat 09-Apr-16 08:51:14

Just hide the topic.

You don't have to read the posts. You sound worryingly overly invested. There are lots of topics that aren't relevant to my life so I hide them, that way they don't come up on Active

PaulAnkaTheDog Sat 09-Apr-16 08:52:36

Of course YABU. Also, this comment was completely unnecessary and decidedly nasty hmm

It is inhabited by the type of posters who would feel very comfortable on the Sidebar of Shame.

You don't want Sleb Twaddle on mumsnet, I don't want nasty comments like yours. I don't think either of us will get our way...

Sparklingbrook Sat 09-Apr-16 08:52:43

Here's the topic if anyone wants a look.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/sleb_twaddle

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sat 09-Apr-16 08:53:07

The Larry stuff isn't really a product of that board... No more so than saying Chat should go because most of it is inane and unnecessary conversation, or that AIBU attracts trolls.

Empressa Sat 09-Apr-16 08:53:08

Thanks for worrying about me smile

The requirements of mumsenet would be either to support, or to inoffensively entertain, imvho.

Sparklingbrook Sat 09-Apr-16 08:54:57

It's not a very well used topic when you look at it. Hardly busy.

BrianCoxReborn Sat 09-Apr-16 08:55:49

If we are getting rid of something, can it be goady fuckers instead please?

Empressa Sat 09-Apr-16 08:55:54

What's wrong with that comment Paul? The Sidebar of Shame is nasty misogynistic bile aimed at oppressing through ridicule. The sorts of comments you would read there are mostly unpleasant and directed at women.

Why should that be encouraged on a site which is supposed to help and support mums (and parents/women in general)?

AnyoneButAndre Sat 09-Apr-16 08:56:04

The board itself (having just checked the recent thread list) is pretty innocuous - and anything that's misogynist in a Daily Mail way gets jumped on quick. There were some threads that got pulled about a recent front page injunction story but getting rid of the ST topic wouldn't have stopped people having the exact same conversation in Chat - it just means you can hide it (and AFAIK that means you don't see it in Active).

Sleb Twaddle is subject to exactly the same talk guidelines as anywhere else on the site.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now