Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think the woman in the cafe today was rude and ignorant

(13 Posts)
Oldsu Fri 08-Apr-16 23:33:47

Our café like lots of cafes has papers for people to read usually the Sun and the DM but on a Friday they also have the local paper.

Today someone was reading the local paper but I had bought my own and was reading it until my food arrived, I put it down to start my meal and a woman got up from her table and just took my paper without even saying anything to me.

OK I know it didn't have Oldsu written in fire on it so she wouldn't have known it was my own paper, but just to take it without a word I thought was terribly ignorant.

So I went to get it back saying 'excuse me you have taken my paper', to which she replied 'well you were not reading it' So I then had to explain it was my own paper not the cafes, and she just threw it back to me without even a sorry.

If she had actually said excuse me have you finished with the paper or someone polite like that I may very well have said it was my own but she was welcome to borrow it. I had been looking forward to a nice lunch and it really spoilt the moment

SissySpacekAteMyHamster Fri 08-Apr-16 23:35:30

Very rude of her. Even if it did belong to the cafe, you would ask before taking it.

WonderingAspie Fri 08-Apr-16 23:37:06

Wow, very rude. Entitled cow.

NewYearNewToads Sat 09-Apr-16 01:30:12

YANBU. She was rude. Especially as she just threw it back without apologising.

KittenOfWoe Sat 09-Apr-16 01:31:41

Bloody hell, very rude! She clearly has no manners, snotty mare.

fatmomma99 Sat 09-Apr-16 01:38:02

REALLY rude.

But that's quite funny.

giraffesCantReachTheirToes Sat 09-Apr-16 02:06:24

cow

Paddletonio Sat 09-Apr-16 02:10:23

Mega rude

AyeAmarok Sat 09-Apr-16 02:10:51

She was rude.

But grin

bittapitta Sat 09-Apr-16 02:13:15

Rude but the reaction of someone embarrassed and not sure how to respond I think! Heat of the moment reaction by someone socially awkward.

dizzytomato Sat 09-Apr-16 03:11:19

Even if it wasn't your paper, she shouldn't take it off the table that you're so sitting on! She should at least ask. It's like chairs, you can see a chair is not being used at another table but you ALWAYS ask.

GraysAnalogy Sat 09-Apr-16 03:24:46

What did you say when she threw it back?!!

God it fucks me off when people think they can act like this.

Chottie Sat 09-Apr-16 05:41:12

How rude!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now