Ryanair dilemma! Panicking!

(56 Posts)
emeralddaze Fri 08-Apr-16 14:25:55

Have posted on here for traffic. I'm so worried. I'm travelling with Ryanair tomorrow and have just checked in online. I'm horrified I made a typo with my Christian name. I'm so bloody dopey. It's just one letter wrong. But now my boarding card is one letter different to what's on my passport. I've tried calling them and used up nearly all my credit on my phone. <17 minutes on hold>.
Will it be a big problem, HELP. sad

Diddlydokey Fri 08-Apr-16 14:26:44

Try tweeting/facebook

emeralddaze Fri 08-Apr-16 14:28:52

I've tried tweeting but their address isn't being recognised.

Danglyweed Fri 08-Apr-16 14:30:57

I think I'd say nothing and crack on as normal. They've never gave my passport or boarding card more than a cursory glance

squoosh Fri 08-Apr-16 14:31:12

From their website

'Don’t worry, customers who have booked their flight directly on the Ryanair.com website have a 24 hour grace period from the time of original booking, to correct any minor errors (i.e. spelling of names, incorrect routings/dates).

To find out more please contact our call centre or chat online to one of our team.'

squoosh Fri 08-Apr-16 14:31:33

But Dangly is probably right, I doubt they'd even notice!

emeralddaze Fri 08-Apr-16 14:37:35

A few people have told me not to worry, they won't even notice. I'm going to be a nervous wreck though aren't I.

emeralddaze Fri 08-Apr-16 14:38:35

Thanks squoosh but I booked it weeks ago.

Danglyweed Fri 08-Apr-16 14:48:26

No no plaster on a confident smile, you'll be fine. Where are you flying to though? Honestly I think I couldve prob flown with my toddlers passport and they wouldnt have noticed.

Excited101 Fri 08-Apr-16 14:57:44

My boarding pass listed me as both a Mrs and a Mr. I'm actually a Miss!

I wouldn't worry too much but why not phone them to double check?

NewYearSameMe Fri 08-Apr-16 14:58:58

I agree that they probably won't notice. We did loads of flight with DS and it wasn't until the about the 10th flight that a check-in person noticed that DS's passport said he was female. Even then they let us fly anyway (which was lucky as we were a long way from home and it would have been a pain to get the passport changed there).

HRHsherlockssextoy Fri 08-Apr-16 14:59:19

They do have a Twitter account and are quite active.

Try again. Or phone

Shizzy Fri 08-Apr-16 15:05:03

My (idiot) DH put down my DSD's name instead of DD's name when booking with Ryanair. As it was a completely different name, we had to get it changed when DH noticed whilst printing off the boarding passes. It cost us a few hundred if I recall correctly. Bastards. I say chance it, play dumb and pay to get it corrected only if you have to.

CiaoVerona Fri 08-Apr-16 15:08:02

I think in miss spelling as opposed to out right wrong names they will make the changes for free and issue you with a new boarding pass.

The probability is they won't notice it.

Madeyemoodysmum Fri 08-Apr-16 15:10:19

I used live chat a few weeks back to ask a question and it was answered pretty quickly. I'm flying with the tomz too!!

wannadancethenightaway Fri 08-Apr-16 15:13:07

dont panic my MIL spelled my name incorrectly on the boarding pass last year when she was buying the flights for a family holiday. I called Ryanair and explained the situation and they added a note to the booking. I had no problems flying. You need to contact them though!!!!

shovetheholly Fri 08-Apr-16 15:23:20

My friend put 'Matt' on his boarding card instead of 'Matthew' and wasn't allowed to fly sad. But he has form for being colossally rude to people when questioned, so I wouldn't be surprised if had contributed a little bit to the airline's hardline stance. I would make sure you do get through and explain and apologise, but I am sure it will be fine. It must happen all the time!

EweAreHere Fri 08-Apr-16 15:28:37

Don't call it to their attention since you're outside the 24 hour grace period. Cross your fingers. You're going to get charged if they clock it, so hope they don't.

wasonthelist Fri 08-Apr-16 15:31:05

1)Bet they won't notice
2)If flights are still cheap rebook (new booking) under correct name -Ryanair wanted to charge £100+ to switch me to a different flight so I just booked on the flight I wanted and no-showed for the other one

BitOutOfPractice Fri 08-Apr-16 15:34:33

Who are you twetting? I've always found them very responsive on twitter (@Ryanair) despite being a bunch of twats in every other respect

BitOutOfPractice Fri 08-Apr-16 15:34:43

tweeting obviously

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 08-Apr-16 15:35:39

I had a ten year UK passport spelled wrong. Traveled on it; various countries. No one either noticed or cared.

Be polite, be lovely, cry if necessary.

emeralddaze Fri 08-Apr-16 15:35:48

I'd like to phone them again but it's a premium number and they don't answer. How long did you have to wait wannadance when you called them?

CiaoVerona Fri 08-Apr-16 15:39:28

No, she won't get charged there is major difference between the wrong name on a ticket and a slightly miss spelt ticket as such Ryanair don't charge for minor mistakes like this.

Really, Id stop freaking out. Ryanair has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years they are actually quite reasonable now ,this is a minor issue.

kezzy13 Fri 08-Apr-16 15:45:12

Dh walked through airport security with his hand over his passport photo last time we went away they didn't even notice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now