Hyperemesis, I'm scared

(17 Posts)
DaintyHippo Fri 08-Apr-16 01:58:31

Ive been sick 4 times in the last 2 hours, I feel so weak and I can't take another anti sickness tablet as I threw up last one and they don't seem to stop it anyway, I think there was blood in last one and my throat feels swollen/like a lump stuck in it so guessing torn a bit or something sad
I feel like a wimp but I just want to go to hospital and have a drip to make it stop but I know I need to wait until I actually need to go which means more of this sad

steppedonlego Fri 08-Apr-16 02:33:02

I'm sorry you're feeling so crap, are you sure you shouldn't go to hospital? Because it sounds like you need the drip now. flowers hope you feel better soon

UnderTheF1oorboards Fri 08-Apr-16 02:41:51

Been there, done that; it sounds very much like you need that drip. You'll feel a whole lot better and they can give you IV antiemetics in with it. Remember your body works differently when you're pregnant so you can go into ketosis much more quickly if you can't keep fluids down. I guess you've already tried water or dioralyte (if you can) in a pipette? <flowers> for you.

TowerRavenSeven Fri 08-Apr-16 02:45:19

Couldn't read and run. I am so so sorry this is happening to you. I am terrified of getting the stomach flu because the last two times I just couldn't stop and did end up with the drip. But you have to do what you have to do. I hope it stops soon, again I so sympathize with you.

Itinerary Fri 08-Apr-16 02:51:23

There are some anti-sickness tablets that dissolve under your tongue - could be worth asking if those would be suitable?

JustHavinABreak Fri 08-Apr-16 03:11:58

You poor thing. Been there twice and if I learned anything at all, it's this: you must do whatever it takes to just be ok for you and your baby. If that means going to hospital for a drip, get going. You're going to feel so much better.

JustHavinABreak Fri 08-Apr-16 03:15:23

On another note, I tried every trick under the sun, every ginger concoction and old wive's tale and nothing helped EXCEPT those anti-travel sickness wrist bands. No idea how they work but if I realised I was throwing up 4-6 times an hour, it was usually because I had forgotten to put the bands back on after my shower. Might be worth trying.

miraclebabyplease Fri 08-Apr-16 03:21:09

I have been there and done that. You should go to hospital. Dehydration will be making you feel worse. I used to suck ice cubes as it was some hydration and it numbed my mouth. (Flowers)

BikeRunSki Fri 08-Apr-16 03:25:10

Another Vetran of 2 HG pregnancies here. You have my every sympathy, nothing comes close to how grim HG is. You don't need to wait for anything to go to hospital if you are being that sick.

Is this your first baby? I mean, do you have a child to look after? Because I'd just go to hospital in the morning, although harder to arrange with an older child too. I've been admitted via a&e a few times. I must have tried every anti sickness drug going in my time. IV cyclizine worked best although you have to be in hospital for that.

pregnancy sickness support may be some help.

UnderTheF1oorboards Fri 08-Apr-16 07:56:15

How are you feeling this morning OP?

WellErrr Fri 08-Apr-16 08:01:30

Go to hospital flowers

And if anyone brightly asks you if you've tried ginger, smack them in the chops.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Fri 08-Apr-16 08:05:31

I hope you're now hooked up to drip & starting to feel more normal Dainty flowers.

AntiHop Fri 08-Apr-16 08:06:43

flowers how far along are you?

megletthesecond Fri 08-Apr-16 08:06:57

Please go to hospital, they will get fluids in you and let you rest. flowers

icklekid Fri 08-Apr-16 08:08:34

I remember throwing up sickness tablets and feeling so disheartened. Keep trying and rest lots. Come join us hyperemesis thread for support www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/2583884-Hyperemesis-Support have you tested your ketones as if above 3 you must go to hospital. Take care

littleducks Fri 08-Apr-16 08:10:11

I bought a pack of urine dip sticks to check for ketosis from the chemist in my last HG pregnancy.

That way (i had two older children) I could control my hospital admissions better and keep an objective eye on how bad I was really doing as I generally felt shit most of the time.

UnderTheF1oorboards Fri 08-Apr-16 08:26:19

That's a good idea Littleducks, I'll do that if there's ever a next time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now