Talk

Advanced search

9 year old intuition

(4 Posts)
kylorobes Thu 07-Apr-16 22:02:17

Tomorrow is one year since my dad passed away. We haven't discussed it and have had normal daily activities. Tonight our son (9), got very upset at bedtime. Like a tantrum but angry sadness. This is very out of character for him. After over an hour he said sorry and told us it is because he is upset about Grandad. Is this just a coincidence? He has very poor concept of time due to some learning issues and this makes me more shocked

OddSocksHighHeels Thu 07-Apr-16 23:57:14

I would have thought it more likely that he had overheard somebody discussing it today.

Hope you and DS are both feeling ok flowers

PurpleDaisies Thu 07-Apr-16 23:59:01

I agree with odd-it's likely he's heard someone talking when you haven't realised.

Sorry for your loss.flowers

herecomethepotatoes Fri 08-Apr-16 04:13:03

I suspect he overheard it mentioned somewhere.

Children however are brilliant at picking up on emotions and even when too young to completely empathise, often try to cheer the other up or even act out a little.

I remember a friend's father passed away and our 3 year old walked over and 'read' them a story. Very out of character and they certainly weren't explicitly aware that anything was wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now