Talk

Advanced search

To ask you not to walk through fields of livestock while wearing shoes improvised from plastic bags?

(62 Posts)
DawnOfTheDoggers Thu 07-Apr-16 17:35:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NeedACleverNN Thu 07-Apr-16 17:37:17

Eh? Why on earth did he have plastic bags on his feet??

Apart from that yanbu.

I wouldn't go through any fields if there was no public footpath. I would assume they were private. Especially if they had animals in it

Newes Thu 07-Apr-16 17:38:22

He's watched With ail And I too many times.

DiseasesOfTheSheep Thu 07-Apr-16 17:39:58

He'd have been most alarmed to cut through mine with bags on his feet - he'd have been mugged for any carrots / polos / random food which is always concealed within plastic bags as far as my lot are concerned!

YANBU - trespassers be damned!

DawnOfTheDoggers Thu 07-Apr-16 17:41:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheWitTank Thu 07-Apr-16 17:51:23

That would give me the rage! How rude to just meander over someone's private land! He us lucky he didn't do that through one field at my old livery yard. It contained a particularly ferocious devil mare who was an amazing show jumper and perfect ride, but who would chase with gnashing teeth and swinging hooves anything or anyone that dare enter her field -especially without a proffered treat gift to the deity or a very good knowledge of her "quirks". If you have ever been pursued at speed by a 17hh mean equine then you know it's scary!

SquinkiesRule Thu 07-Apr-16 17:53:31

I agree with DiseasesOfTheSheep Our horses would have thought, polos and carrots and bitten at his feet looking for food. learned this the hard way as a small child with leaking wellies when my pony spent the afternoon turning his head and biting my toes if I rustled the home made waterproofing

timeforabrewnow Thu 07-Apr-16 17:57:03

Really?

Maybe he can't afford Hunter's Wellington boots. I guess at least he's not at home in front of a computer.

He won't be going through your field again in a hurry.

thecatfromjapan Thu 07-Apr-16 17:59:51

I'm almost tempted to say YABU because I would have thought it rather unnecessary to ask us not to do that.

I have thought about this for a whole five minutes and can honestly say I really can't see myself doing that. Ever.

gooru Thu 07-Apr-16 18:01:29

Is it because of the chemicals in the plastic bags? I don't understand... confused

merrymouse Thu 07-Apr-16 18:02:58

Well that's our weekend plans ruined!

merrymouse Thu 07-Apr-16 18:06:22

gooru they are nasty rustly things that are clearly in the wrong place?

NeedACleverNN Thu 07-Apr-16 18:08:18

Would it be ok if they were waitrose or ocado bags? wink

gooru Thu 07-Apr-16 18:09:12

So the horses don't like the rustle? Am not a farmer so genuinely don't know!

TheWitTank Thu 07-Apr-16 18:09:50

Plastic bags contain the most fearsome monsters/horse eaters. According to most horses anyway!

TheWitTank Thu 07-Apr-16 18:10:29

They are flappy and noisy!

bibbitybobbityyhat Thu 07-Apr-16 18:11:42

Ok then, I'll try to remember.

pictish Thu 07-Apr-16 18:23:10

I'll try to remember not to walk through a field of horses with plastic bags on my feet. And here was me doing that regularly...I thought it was fine.
You learn something new every day.

MothertotheLordsofmisrule Thu 07-Apr-16 18:39:56

Being a yoof he must have a phone, in which case he can download the Ordnance Survey map app and never go off trail again.

Misses point completely.

BTW Cardboard boxes are the mortal enemy of chickens.

SaucyJack Thu 07-Apr-16 18:45:26

Be cheaper to buy wellies with the cost of bloody plastic bags these days.

NotMeNotYouNotAnyone Thu 07-Apr-16 18:48:44

Horses easily spooked by flappy white noisy things accompanied by a stranger in their field

Also very rude to leave them behind on the fence!

Surely if you're going through fields you have appropriate footwear? Primark do wellies, so doesn't have to cost much!

BarbaraofSeville Thu 07-Apr-16 18:48:55

I was nearly thrown off a horse once when it railed in terror when a crisp packet blew out of a hedge. If the horse reacted like that to a mere crisp packet, I can't imagine the blind panic and fear induced by a plastic bag shod stranger.

calamityjam Thu 07-Apr-16 18:49:49

Good job it wasn't our kids riding instructors fields. She'd have chased him with a stick. She used to go beserk at unknowing parents for walking onto the yard with umberellas.

TheWitTank Thu 07-Apr-16 18:53:17

Mine will go past combine harvesters, HGVS, speeding motorists, barking dogs running under their legs -not an eyelid batted, cool as a cucumber. However, a stray plastic bag or spray paint on the road surface by electric/water companies marking work spots causes much eye goggling, high knee stepping and sideways dithering. Go figure!

Gabilan Thu 07-Apr-16 19:15:33

I think he'd have been mugged if he'd gone in my horse's field. He and his fieldmates are all big, thuggish Irish draught crosses. Biting people's feet is just sport to them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now