Talk

Advanced search

Why is getting a parcel delivered such hard work?!

(10 Posts)
Wizzles Thu 07-Apr-16 08:32:24

More of a rant than an AIBU
"We called to deliver your parcel" implies they might have knocked on the door or rang the bell, rather than silently posting the card through like some kind of post-ninja!

angry angry angry

daisiesinthespring Thu 07-Apr-16 08:42:59

I know and then trying to get it back is like trying to get aladdins lamp!

SoupDragon Thu 07-Apr-16 08:45:24

I always pay the £1 fee to have it delivered to my local post office.

Wizzles Thu 07-Apr-16 08:48:42

They texted yesterday saying they were coming then & giving me options to text back for deliver to post office, to neighbour or 2 other days. I texted back the post office option & got a reply saying they'd do that.

Then later on got a text saying they'd attempted delivery & left a card but there was no card.

This morning I got a text at 7am saying they were coming between 7:22 & 8:22 & fortunately I was up, so went & sat downstairs to wait for it. Went to make a cup of tea at 7:45 & found this card in the mat!

Wizzles Thu 07-Apr-16 08:50:00

And the woman on their customer services line said "well I don't know why you didn't hear them".

BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T MAKE ANY NOISE!

mangocoveredlamb Thu 07-Apr-16 08:57:38

YANBU I don't understand the mentality. Perhaps it keeps more people in jobs this way!

ExitPursuedByABear Thu 07-Apr-16 09:00:43

My address does not exist so we cannot get deliveries.

Or taxis.

Or ambulances.

DobbyIsAFreeElf Thu 07-Apr-16 09:13:21

Ive been waiting for a parcel to be delivered since March 18th. The call centre said that they'll put it on priority delivery for the following morning when I rang them on the 23rd. Still no sign of he parcel. Apparently they have tried delivering 3 times despite someone being in the house full time and not leaving an attempted delivery card.

Last Friday I was updated that the parcel was returned to sender, so I have asked for a full refund because I'm not putting up with all the farting around.

It was so much easier going into the shop to buy the item on Monday.

CodyKing Thu 07-Apr-16 09:23:50

My Nan heard and caught the post man drop a - we tried to deliver card -

She asked where the parcel was and he admitted it was still at the post office!

Wizzles Thu 07-Apr-16 09:30:32

CodyKing - that is awful, but depressingly I don't think I'm surprised.

Maybe that's what happened with mine. I'm sure they weren't counting on me being up as it was early morning & they gave me 20 mins notice.

Apparently my local office is going to ring me back within an hour. Or so I was told 90 minutes ago.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now