To think Minecraft is making tiny little pyschopaths out of our children?

(164 Posts)
EatShitDerek Wed 06-Apr-16 19:20:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RomComPhooey Wed 06-Apr-16 19:21:32

Not if they are playing in creative mode. Survival mode is more cutthroat.

ghostyslovesheep Wed 06-Apr-16 19:23:08

yes creative mode is lovely - and don't worry - my now 12 year old was obsessed with it aged 8 - she's fairly normal now!

YesThisIsMe Wed 06-Apr-16 19:23:27

Stampy is all about the creative peace and love side of Minecraft AFAIK. Which is ironic given the psychopathic rage his voice invokes in most parents.

Pettywoman Wed 06-Apr-16 19:23:30

Yes, agreed. My current bugbear is Roblox, mine aren't so into Minecraft at the moment. The female characters, although Lego/boxy looking appear to dress like prostitutes.

VimFuego101 Wed 06-Apr-16 19:23:46

Funny, I downloaded it for my son because he loves bricks and building, I thought it would be educational. I caught him making massive holes and putting animals them the other day. I blame Stampy's laugh, I couldn't listen to that noise for long without turning into a psychopath either.

RomComPhooey Wed 06-Apr-16 19:23:48

Also Stampy is sooo last year. It's all about DanTDM and his fucking pugs these days. I can live with that - his voice is less like nails on a blackboard than Stampy's.

RomComPhooey Wed 06-Apr-16 19:25:37

Xpost with Yes. Psychopathic rage is bang on.

EatShitDerek Wed 06-Apr-16 19:28:37

EatShitDerek Wed 06-Apr-16 19:28:52

starry0ne Wed 06-Apr-16 19:30:25

My 8 year old has stuck his nose in my mums net and said he doesn't like stompy he cheats... I do not encourage conversation on minecraft due the the mind numbing conversation that could follow... However the hero worshipping of stompy is definitely on his way out as I do not believe my Son's opinion has not been checked and verified by his mates

EatShitDerek Wed 06-Apr-16 19:47:49

EskSmith Wed 06-Apr-16 19:51:18

I'd have stampy back to get rid of the horror that is Pat and Jen TBH. Dd2's favourite pass time is building massive towers of stuff and blowing them up to maniac laughter. Yesterday I was called in to witness a cattle pen made of TNT shock

EatShitDerek Wed 06-Apr-16 19:53:40

RomComPhooey Wed 06-Apr-16 20:20:28

That's iBallisticSquid (aka Squid) according to my 8 yo.

Hamishandthefoxes Wed 06-Apr-16 20:22:57

I'm rapidly turning into a psychopath because of minecraft. Admittedly mostly Stampy who is currently on full blast in the lounge. DH and I are hiding upstairs.

It's the fucking Christmas episode in April. For the third fucking time today. Help....

Avonandice Wed 06-Apr-16 20:23:21

Mine are currently building the hugest rollercoaster because apparently the sheep enjoy riding it but the creepers wont go on it.

KathyBeale Wed 06-Apr-16 20:27:46

My son just told me all about the architect who designed The Shard, how big his team was, and how long it took him. Apparently he knows because he made a London world in Minecraft. Kind of pissed all over my 'Minecraft rots your brain' argument.

I am also uncomfortable with all the killing. Unless it's Dan TDM, who I would gladly see stuck down a hole and blown up with all the TNT. Jeez.

Piemernator Wed 06-Apr-16 20:29:43

I actually think the mode in Minecraft where you can destroy other peoples creations is currently one of the most aggressive things in gaming. When you shoot someone in the face in a shooter they just respawn.

coldcanary Wed 06-Apr-16 20:29:43

I've just started playing it in creative mode. I'm almost ashamed to say that I'm really enjoying it grin
Some of the building videos are amazing, someone has built the Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower and all sorts!
The DC's laugh at me because I have no clue about what I'm doing but I'm sticking to building my dream houses with big gardens and trying to work out how to make a swimming pool without causing a huge flood at the moment.
Stampy, Dan and Syndicate (for eldest only) are current favourites here.

MooseAndSquirrel Wed 06-Apr-16 20:30:48

Squid and stampy give me the absolute rage - sometimes DD1 only puts them on to wind me up (she finds my rants funny hmm) There was a girl the other day - Kelly?? I have Psychopathic rage listening to her horrible videos!!
Dan I can cope with!!

Ps DD1 Just laughed liked a drain at a cattle pen made of tnt, so no op, you ANBU its a cult. A Psychopathic cult!

winkywinkybumbum Wed 06-Apr-16 20:31:22

Yes that's Squid. I have an unhealthy crush on him. I'm sure I'm old enough to be his mother.

coldcanary Wed 06-Apr-16 20:33:47

Oh DD1 watches Kelly, I'd ask her about the other Minecraft Youtubers but she'll probably tell me in great detail for an hour and I really don't care enough.

OvO Wed 06-Apr-16 20:39:01

Derek, there's always the chance your DS is a psychopath without the aid of Minecraft?

Sleep with one eye open. shock

I have a fellow psycho DS and I worry he'll end up a serial killer or the prime minister. I blame Stampy.

EatShitDerek Wed 06-Apr-16 20:50:25

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now