Talk

Advanced search

My neighbour's are having their roof replaced and have made a god awful noise 2 mornings running...

(13 Posts)
SoupDragon Wed 06-Apr-16 09:05:09

AIBU to snigger because it has disturbed my slumbering teens and will probably force them out of their beds before their preferred noon rising time?

SweetieDrops Wed 06-Apr-16 09:09:02

Will you be laughing when you have to look at their grumpy faces for the next 3 hours though? wink

MintyBojingles Wed 06-Apr-16 09:09:09

YANBU. I swear my parents did that to me on purpose when I was a teen. I rather deserved it.

MrsBobDylan Wed 06-Apr-16 09:10:33

Yanbu - we had this recently and the noise is phenomenal.

My mum used to hoover our bedrooms of a morning when we were teenagers. She's cruel though...grin

SoupDragon Wed 06-Apr-16 09:11:30

Will you be laughing when you have to look at their grumpy faces for the next 3 hours though?

Oh yes. smile

I've just remembered its actually 3 mornings in a row as I forgot they had the skip delivered.

My own roof will probably need to be done this summer so that will be guaranteed to shift them from their beds grin

SoupDragon Wed 06-Apr-16 09:13:39

In my defence, I am actually happy to let them sleep. However, every time the roofer chucks something in the skip, I smile.

I'm hoping he gets the industrial tile cutter out at 10am. That was really noisy.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Wed 06-Apr-16 09:15:47

It's only 9.15, bless 'em!, they'll be very pissed off I bet.

AwkwardSquad Wed 06-Apr-16 09:37:18

The noise didn't bother me at all when we had our roof replaced. I was at work grin

SquinkiesRule Wed 06-Apr-16 09:41:20

My son slept through our roof being replaced, but he was only 2 at the time and could sleep through anything.

Osolea Wed 06-Apr-16 10:31:49

We had our own building work done last summer and it was great. Didn't have to nag the teenagers to get up once.

This holiday is a very different story unfortunately. I don't mind letting them sleep in, but one of them would still be in bed at 3pm if he had his way.

SistersOfPercy Wed 06-Apr-16 11:18:42

My parents had their roof done whilst my dad was in bed with terminal lung cancer (he'd insisted they got on with it). They were so quiet, used chutes for the skip and generally tiptoed around so as not to disturb.
Great bunch of lads. Even sent mum a bunch of flowers when dad died 3 weeks later. I recommend them to everyone now.

SoupDragon Wed 06-Apr-16 11:23:44

They sound lovely, sistersofpercy

flowers

Teens here are steadfastly refusing to get up, despite being awake. Bless them.

I may placate them with the promise of lunch at the local Greasy Spoon cafe.

SistersOfPercy Wed 06-Apr-16 11:27:20

On another note, my teens slept through an earthquake and the fireworks at Disney LA. Our hotel was behind where they set the fireworks off, we were jet lagged and asleep when they started. DH and I flew out of bed as the room shook.....the kids didn't move a muscle.
Few days later came a reasonably large quake of about 6. Again DH and I shot up, neither child moved.
Should armageddon happen at night in reasonably confident neither of my children will know a thing about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now