To think anyone but Sadiq or Zac

(71 Posts)
hettyGreek Wed 06-Apr-16 07:59:09

Anyone see the debate last night?

They both don't inspire me at all. The lib dem and greens did however look very promising!

Love the greens idea of land for free and people just paying for the building materials.

incandescentalright Wed 06-Apr-16 08:03:51

I love Sian Berry, but realistically I'll prob end up voting Sadiq just to stop Zac. It's going to be one or the other of those two I'm afraid.

hettyGreek Wed 06-Apr-16 08:08:34

Sadly everyone will do what you are doing sad

Its this that got Tony B in 2nd and 3rd time sad

incandescentalright Wed 06-Apr-16 08:10:38

Yes, I agree that everyone will do this!

LBOCS2 Wed 06-Apr-16 08:12:49

I really really hate them both.

TheNaze73 Wed 06-Apr-16 08:14:02

Zac for me & I'm not a Conservative normally

SeaMagic Wed 06-Apr-16 09:30:28

Sadiq for me.

Scarriff Wed 06-Apr-16 09:39:19

Zac for me. It might br fun to have a Green Mayor but the state of Bristol....

AdrenalineFudge Wed 06-Apr-16 14:08:08

I agree with you 100% OP. Given the choice between the two I'd rather Zac but I don't think I can find it in me to ever vote Conservative. A vote for the other parties seems a waste of a vote as we all know it'll come down to these two. Decisions decisions...

scarednoob Wed 06-Apr-16 15:35:42

It's like choosing between constipation and diarrhoea. They're both shit.

BagelGoesWalking Wed 06-Apr-16 16:49:21

scarednoob grin

LurkingHusband Wed 06-Apr-16 16:55:24

Speaking as an expatriate Londoner, it will be an interesting contest, as there is no candidate who really chimes with me as a(n ex) Londoner. Whatever your politics, it's hard to deny that both KL and BJ - whatever their politics - were "Londoners" first and foremost. (Which is why KL won in 2000, despite not being an official Labour candidate).

Raises an interesting question though ... who - in politics - is a die-hard Londoner ? No one I can think of (nor my DM and DB who still live in London).

Capricorn76 Wed 06-Apr-16 17:02:51

I don't know how anyone can vote for the non-dom son of a billionaire who recently voted to take £30 a week of disabled people. I'm not into Khan but I will vote for him to stop Boris 2.

Capricorn76 Wed 06-Apr-16 17:15:34

Goldsmith's nudge nudge wink wink tactics trying to scare Indians because Khan's Muslim are also very off putting.

Mysillydog Wed 06-Apr-16 17:22:15

They are both so uninspiring. I have no idea who to vote for. The lib dems and greens aren't doing it for me either, even though I often vote lib dem.

stinkysnowbear Wed 06-Apr-16 17:26:01

Zac FTW

TempsPerdu Wed 06-Apr-16 17:31:17

They're both dreadful. Really torn as to who to vote for - don't think I can bring myself to pick either of them, even if a protest vote is ultimately pointless. Have been (marginally) more impressed with the Green and Lib Dem candidates so far so will probably plump for one of them.

jeremyisahunt Wed 06-Apr-16 17:58:42

I feel Corbyn should have gone for something like this, instead of leader of the Labour party.

lalalonglegs Wed 06-Apr-16 18:54:42

I quite like Khan - he is almost my local MP and has been helpful when my constituency Labour party has campaigned against cuts by Wandsworth council. He seemed fairly straightforward and energetic - I don't get the comments about him not being a true Londoner (he's born and bred) confused. Like Capricorn, I've been disgusted by Goldsmith's/Lynton Crosby's dog whistle politics.

I wish Khan hadn't changed his mind about the flipping Garden Bridge though, I don't know what can be done to stop that folly.

FiveSixPickUpSticks Wed 06-Apr-16 19:02:05

Don't know what you are all talking about.

Didn't you know that according to Galloway he has it in the bag and if he doesn't win it is all some sort of conspiracy wink <sarcasm>

Seriously though I think it could be tight between them, especially with second preferences.

RortyCrankle Wed 06-Apr-16 19:37:43

AS an ex-Londoner I would vote for Zac. Sorry but Green policies are completely bonkers and obviously won't win.

thecatfromjapan Wed 06-Apr-16 21:50:31

I really like Sadiq. Saw him on the tube the other week and gave him a big smile.

Lovely local MP. Will be a brilliant mayor. smile

thecatfromjapan Wed 06-Apr-16 21:53:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BYOSnowman Wed 06-Apr-16 21:55:54

I'm not voting for anyone who is pro cycle super highways

Think I'll just not vote tbh

thecatfromjapan Wed 06-Apr-16 21:56:30

Pleas jgnore that. I didn't mean to post it and I'm going to ask to have it withdrawn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now