Talk

Advanced search

I think I may be but keep with

(6 Posts)
badonkydonk Tue 05-Apr-16 19:34:04

DH and I are currently renovating a house (completely renovating). I will admit he has been the lead on it and I've laboured for him in the main I.e. Removed rubble, he's made holes and I've filled / skimmed them. Recently, I've been working as bloody hard as him, re-wiring, working on the plumbing. I know these are noddy jobs whilst he does the more complicated tasks though.

My AIBU is that whenever a tradesman comes to quote on stuff we can't do all I hear is, "when I did this" "when I did that" - I wouldn't mind but the areas he referred to, I had done all wiring and first fix. All I want occasionally is a "when we did this". Annoyingly it's because I don't like the tradesmen we have in to think I've done fuck all to help when I spend every waking hour just as filthy as DH is.

I really don't think he does it on purpose but should I say something?

badonkydonk Tue 05-Apr-16 19:38:34

To confirm, I don't mind him taking the glory as its deserved but as an observer it made me look like a lazy cow who lets him do everything without me even getting close enough to break a nail! Many nails have been broken! halo

HirplesWithHaggis Tue 05-Apr-16 19:39:27

Yes, you should say something. It's disrespectful of your hard work.

WetLettuce123 Tue 05-Apr-16 19:43:51

You could say something in a jokey way, but he's probably not doing it on purpose. If he doesn't take the hint though then I'd tell him properly!

sallyhasleftthebuilding Tue 05-Apr-16 19:46:43

Does he use WE - as in - we need to get milk - or we need to wash up?

IE to him We means you?

badonkydonk Tue 05-Apr-16 19:51:25

Sally - no, not at all. Should 'we' cut the grass generally means he'll cut the grass and I'll do the borders etc.

Thanks to the 2 first replies - I mentioned it and I do think it was a slip of the tongue. Crisis averted so I feel horribly silly now. I'll blame hormones.

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now