To think MacBooks dent easily?!!

(32 Posts)
Notgivingin789 Tue 05-Apr-16 18:55:45

Hey all,

I love my Macbook, I really do. But as I was opening the lid of my Macbook, it softly hit the wall and now there's a dent! This always happens! There was a time I had my Macbook in my bag, and as I was taking off my bag and dropped it on the ground, thinking why the hell did I do that, I quickly checked at the state of my Macbook and yes there's a dent from where it has been dropped.

I've never had this issue with my other laptops, my old Tobisha laptop hardly had any scratches or dents. I don't know, am I being superficial? I don't think I am, maybe its because I spent a grand and a half on this Mac and I'm being too touchy about it.

SoupDragon Tue 05-Apr-16 19:00:02

Mine has no dents at all.

It does, however, have a thin protective shell case on it.

U2HasTheEdge Tue 05-Apr-16 19:25:16

Mine don't.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 05-Apr-16 19:27:26

Mine don't either... I've had three and none have dented. I keep whacking it on things too, and commute with it on the train, but it's never damaged. Although I really should buy a case!

NicknameUsed Tue 05-Apr-16 19:29:03

DD's isn't dented either.

NoAdventureNoTime Tue 05-Apr-16 19:32:08

Mine doesn't either and that's with a lot of bashing it around, mine is a pro, which one do you have out of interest?

FlicFlop Tue 05-Apr-16 19:33:59

Mine does OP! We're either unlucky or heavy handed

BieneBiene Tue 05-Apr-16 19:43:17

Mine hasn't dented either and I treat it terribly. It has even been dropped a few times.

LivingInMidnight Tue 05-Apr-16 21:03:11

I think it's the nature of aluminium bodies on electronics. My current phone is known for bending, although so far mine is ok. My MacBook is fine too but I'm babying it. Can't bring myself to put a shell on it, but it does live in a leather case.

Notgivingin789 Tue 05-Apr-16 21:59:46

Living I had an old MacBook and I put a shell case on it, never again! I had cracks and dents everywhere.

I guess I'm unlucky as I'm surprised none of you guys so far have dents on them.

BeALert Tue 05-Apr-16 22:09:09

Yes they do. I've never managed to dent any of my laptop PCs, but my kids MacBooks are all dented.

Diamogs Tue 05-Apr-16 22:10:29

I've had mine over a year and no dents, and I am very clumsy.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 05-Apr-16 22:11:26

I think it is because metal dents, whereas plastic bounces back?

Teaandcakeat8 Tue 05-Apr-16 22:13:07

Mine is hugely dented and scuffed but then my ex dp did drop it on a tiled floor whilst swinging it along in the upside down, unzipped case angry

The good thing is the actual hard drive etc suffered no damage!

wonkylegs Tue 05-Apr-16 22:14:34

I've got 2 and DH has 1 and none of them have dents despite DHs cack handedness.

SoftSheen Tue 05-Apr-16 22:14:59

Get a neoprene cover!

PollyIndia Tue 05-Apr-16 22:17:15

Dents and hard drive has died twice after being knocked. I am def heavy handed

LivingInMidnight Tue 05-Apr-16 22:23:12

Oh thanks notgivingin I'll def stay away from them then!

If they didn't start life looking so attractive it would probably be less annoying to get a dent.

gasman Tue 05-Apr-16 22:48:49

Mine is 5 years old. It has a few scratches but no dents.

It has travelled extensively.

I would question how carefully you are looking after it.

RubyGates Tue 05-Apr-16 22:51:07

I'm awfully careless with mine and it remains miraculously undented. (It's second or third hand too) YABU

PaulAnkaTheDog Tue 05-Apr-16 22:52:56

Mine, my dad's (two), sister's, her partner's and my ds (old one of Grandad's) have no dents at all. Couple of scratches on the older one's but that's it.

JapaneseSlipper Tue 05-Apr-16 22:56:25

Mine doesn't have dents on it, but the two front corners are terribly bent in and rough, after being put in a bag with some other stuff. sad

They do dent, OH's one is and he looks after his stuff.

PandasRock Tue 05-Apr-16 23:02:50

My MacBook Pro has a substantial dent on one side, but then it did fall off a waist high shelf and land on an upturned plug. I was more amazed it still worked, with no screen cracks, given the height of the fall and the severity of the dent!

SistersOfPercy Tue 05-Apr-16 23:21:39

No dents on mine or dd's, but ds's looks like it's been through a battle.

I've had to have a screen crack repaired though from moving it by the screen. Felt it crunch under my thumb... Fortunately it was the top glass rather than the screen itself and cost £50 at a local store. Apple wanted £300 shock

DisappointedOne Tue 05-Apr-16 23:25:49

Never mind dents. I dropped one of the first unibody models from a height of 4 ft onto a set of glass weighing scales. The lid bent but the screen still worked. I took it apart and hammered the lif flat again and continued using it for about 3 more years. Show me a plastic laptop that can do that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now